Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all.i have been given an older lawnmower with the above engine.i've completely stripped and cleaned the carb,but the linkages were in a provided in a bag.i have a feeling some bits may be missing.i downloaded the B&S manual for this engine,but this doesn't show which linkages go where.,only an exploded view.does anyone know of a website that actually shows the linkages,or some other way of figuring where everything goes..Also,there are 2 wires from the magneto,do they both go to ground?thanks for any help.hans.(in NZ)

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
go to www.briggsandstratton.com then hit the briggs button on the left then english. then the find and download the owners manual button. enter your model and type number then open the pdf and it has pictures in that manual to show you basically what it looks like when you zoom in on the pictures. the cable from the governor goes to the first butterfly. if equiped with the two lever switches one goes to the kill switch then one to the choke/run switch the two wires from the magneto are for the kill switch. one goes to the engine and one to the kill switch its all in the manual. i've got that same engine i'll check tommorrow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts