Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again everyone! i found the aztek dummy sheets at culttvman and i was wondering are they worth the 50 bucks? So if any of you guys have them could you tell me about them and how they are used? also neiner neiner i used correct writing this time :wave:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Well I personally didnt use them because I thought it was rediculous to spend that much money on a sticker after already spending a lot of money on the model itself.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've used them on my NX-01 and Refit with pretty good success. They definitely work as advertiesed and create a nice appearance on the model. The question of weather or not they are worth the money is up to you, though. Me personally, the time saved by having a set of pre-prepared painting masks was more important than saving a little $$$.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
metaphasic said:
Hello again everyone! i found the aztek dummy sheets at culttvman and i was wondering are they worth the 50 bucks? So if any of you guys have them could you tell me about them and how they are used? also neiner neiner i used correct writing this time :wave:
I agree with Ruckdog. I found the templates to be very useful, especially now that they are much more accurate.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I have never used them but I know that I've seen lots of posts from folks who liked them and very few from folks who had problems.

Huzz

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
I second Dave's comment... I have them... in my pile with my unbuilt models... but I've followed comments on them for a long time and it seems to be almost unanimous that they are great time savers and quality products. I have them for the 350 NX, the 350 Refit, and the 1000 TOS E.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
I've not used the Aztec Dummy templates, but have used those from other companies. It's the best, quickest way to get a nice, accurate aztec pattern on your model. I don't recall how much the Aztec Templates are, but imagine they're worth it if you want a beautiful representation of whichever starship you happen to be building.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I'm a big fan of Lou's templates. Yes, I'll agree that the template sets for the 1/350th scale ships might seem a tad expensive. Speaking for myself, the hours saved cutting my own templates far outweighed the cost, That and the fact that I wouldn't have done near as good of job of creating and cutting the templates myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts