Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im Going to use my AX-10 for trail running so im looking to see which Brushless set up would be best. I dont want it super slow as most crawlers are but not to fast either. Looking for something in between .... Can someone please Help

·
Registered
204 Posts
You would be allot better off getting a brushed motor. I would recommend between 27 and 35 turn.

You can use a brushless setup, but if you don't pick the right motor the first time, it's going to cost you a chunk of loot to change it out. With brushed motors you can change just the armature out if you want to go faster, for ALLOT less money.

If you are dead set on getting a brushless motor, I would think a Novak 8.5 or 10.5 motor ((might)) do it for you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have a 35 in mine it has just enough torque and just enough speed to satisfy trail riding and ocasionally crawling or even for that obstical you might wanna go over its a integy 35 turn got it for 20 bucks new

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a 55T motor and may try a larger pinion gear to add speed without changing anything else.
The 35T sounds like the next best bet for me if the pinion change is not enough.
As a comparable starting point, look at the AX10 RTR Rock Racer set up; 27T motor, 14t or 20t pinions for speed selection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts