Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,
We have a awesome clay stadium track in Coloma Mich, about 10 east of Benton HArbor/St.Joseph area.
It's real wide, lots of jumps, great traction, we have lights to run at nite.
driver stand, air compressor by track to clean your vehical, electric.

It's real technical, full of doubles and timing section, very well maintained.
Looks like a track laid out in a dirt skate park. :)
These aren't no whimpy jumps either!

Anyone interested in coming over to run, shoot me a email at; [email protected]
or call me at 269-463-5482 leave a message and I'll call you back.

Gaurantee you'll love it!

dave hauch
watervliet , MI

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You will need a modified motor to run on it, a stock motor won't cut it, or a nitro will do.
We are running mod. and brushless XXX Bk2's.

We started off with nitros, and had HUGE doubles and triples, 25 to 35 foot gaps.

We got tired of working on the nitros and went to electrics, the jumps are big, but we closed up the gaps alot.

This track will challenge you, loads of fun!

dave hauch

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
Nobody out there live in southern Mi, or northern IN. ?

Man, I would drive a couple of hours to run on a track like this!

dh

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Yeah, we're here. It's just hard to think about another track right now since outdoor season is coming to a close. Make sure that you post some pictures and a schedule for next spring when you can. I'd like to come check it out.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
KevinDog said:
Yeah, we're here. It's just hard to think about another track right now since outdoor season is coming to a close. Make sure that you post some pictures and a schedule for next spring when you can. I'd like to come check it out.
Yea I would have to agree post some pictures and next years race and practice schedule we dont mind road trippin from Grand Rapids for some good racing action!!!! :cool:

We all run 1/8th scales how is the track for them? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
''Outdoor season is far from over'', ???
Haven't heard of any snow in the forcast, Yet!

I'm planning at least a couple more good months.
First year we snow blowed the track all winter, so we would have some dirt to run on,
the sun would keep it to dirt.

As far as 1/8 th scale, the doubles are a little closer now that we went to electric buggies, so you might have to hold back a little, and I know you 1/8 scale guys don't like to do that! :) Your more than welcome though.

We change this track alot, we'll flatten it right out and design something brand new, we've change it 4 times this year already.
We love building tracks.
We can do a complete track in a weekend with just three of us.
My brothers a wizard on a Bobcat.

If you want to just come and play, or I race you all nite long! :)

dh

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry guys no pics, a digital camers would cut into my R/C money, can't have that! :)

This is a private track in my brothers yard. Beautiful country setting.

There's just three of use that use it. The track is geared toward 1/10 scale buggies right now, because thats what where running now.

Just looking for some guys who want to come do some racing with us.
As far as our skill level, I'll race anyone for a large pizza, or we can lay some coin down. Thats better than any trophy. :)

dh

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
wreckscuba, where's your track, couldn't figure it oout by the link you gave me ?

As I mention in post above, it's just the three of us with a great track, and we race each other or the clock.

Did come up with a neat scoring system for man against the clock.
You run two timed laps, every double you don't hit the backside perfect you get 5 seconds added to your total time.
We do this three times then add up your scores and see who can come up with the best 3 rounds. Lots of fun and really hones your skills.

dh

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, West Olive, I was there about 2 weeks ago, and ran my Nitro there about a year ago, that's one cool place!

Looks perfect for a 1/8th scale.

Thanks guys for the web info.

dh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts