Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well found a couple goodies....so figured i would share.

heres the beautiful pair

and of course you cant see the error right away or even if you concentrate on the above picture....

now can ya see it?! pretty unique error.:wave:

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I found a Cougar with a similar defect...nice find

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
I'm glad the Olds is getting more public attention as a mainline. The red and yellow Garage versions weren't talked about a lot, I think. It's one of my favourite real riders.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, i wanted it for a custom, and could not find another the error is still cool so will go on my wall...

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
might be able to part with it if the "price" is right....i honestly wanted this car just to take out of the package but i found this instead. so hid it last night, bought it today just depends

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
It's funny that what makes an "Error Car" like this 442 so special drives model builders like me up a wall! It's referred to as a "Short Shot", where the plastic mold doesn't fill completely. That means contacting the kit's manufacturer and hopefully getting the fret of parts replaced. If it's a project the builder has been planning for a while and is itching to get started on, that can be particularly frustrating. However, for one louy buck or so, these error cars that somehow made it past what passes for quality control are a fun sideline.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i saw it and was like man i want to swap some wheels on this badboy now i cant because it would not look right! LOL figured its where the plastic did not fill in the mold all the way...i just find it amazing it passed the assembly workers and the workers who apply the tampos! its like the superbird i rusted out, under the rear wing the metal had a hole where the metal never filled in, so was my inspiration to rust it out LOL.... anyways, i have both of my m2 chases listed in the for sale section so i can buy the non chase versions to open and would rather let someone have them who would enjoy them being in prison....

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
This is where I get lost in errors that deal with plastic.... That plastic is not chrome when its first injected in the molds so a worker had to see the front grill not complete and still let the error pass through to get chromed. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
This is where I get lost in errors that deal with plastic.... That plastic is not chrome when its first injected in the molds so a worker had to see the front grill not complete and still let the error pass through to get chromed. :rolleyes:
Because they know that (some) Hot Wheels collectors are suckers and still pay full price for them as "errors" are quite collectible...or something? Again, another odd HW phenomenon.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i do have both m2 chases for sale so i can get the normal versions so i can open them....so if you want em send me a pm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts