Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought one of these... AW Xtraction Camaro.
As a test... I have always liked the Camaro body, and I wanted to give the "New" XTraction a try...
The silly thing HAULS....
I LIKE IT!!!!!!
Being this is a test of one car it is very inconclusive...
But I sure like what I see so far...
Scott

·
Registered
390 Posts
So the chassis are better? I bought a case of the fast and furious X-Traction and swore I would never buy another. I don't think that a single chassis worked straight out of box. If AW has improved the chassis, that would be great news!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I am of the opinion that the quality of the AW chassis has greatly improved as well...

I bought a couple mainly for the sharply detailed bodies.....which I also think has improved...

The speed was a pleasant surpise for a tuning challenged guy like me....they seem to run like the old AFX cars....at least the ones I have do...

I'm really looking forward to see what the III runs like... :thumbsup:

Just an opinion...but maybe quality control wasnt under Toms thumb before...but it seems to be now...

Well done....

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yep, my one AW Xtrac and one AW TJet are noticeably better than my average JL Xtrack and Tjet. I have about a dozen of the JL's. I'll be buying more AW's. I definitely won't buy any more JL's. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
The JL's Aren't That Bad...

Though the AW's are better quality, the JL's have potential. I have several that can easily hold their own against an AW chassis. I just needed to weed out bad rims and axles. The AW's aren't all perfect.......I had to change out the front rims on one for Afx fronts. One of them was untrue. The wider shoes really come in handy on routed tracks. it seems the rails are slightly closer to the slot than plastic track, and the skinny pickup shoes occasionally bind, stopping a car in its tracks.
Despite all the XT's and two of the Tjets being repops, The bodies are excellent. I think the red chrome 55 is the best looking car of the XT bunch, and the Corvettes being the best of the TJ's.

Rather interesting the Thunderjets don't have the problem of binding up in routed tracks' rails.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I have to say I have many excellent running JL F&F chassis that are smoother running and as fast as these AWs but, the wheels look moch better on the AWs. I am buying more of these AW Xt chassis.

My favorites of this bunch are the T-Jet Camaros and the XT Broncos

1 - 9 of 9 Posts