Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had some e-mail correspondence with Doug Ridge from Auto World and I asked him this:

"Has AW ever thought of doing a retro Funny Car or Pro Stock series in HO scale? You have the licensing for the Blue Max, so that is a start. It would be cool to see '70s Funny Cars and Pro Stocks in HO scale."

And this was his reply:

"Yes we are doing these. We will have a complete drag set out hopefully by December and individual cars will be available around June 2013."

I sure hope this comes to fruition. I can't wait! :D

:dude:

·
Registered
419 Posts
JUNE??????? Oh well I'm just glad to see some new stuff. Hopefully.
A gasser wars set would be cool too.
You might take a look at Nitroslots.com. Those guys do some really nice nostalgia funny cars and pro stocks. They're not all historically correct but they're really nice. Their next proxy race is nostalgia funny cars and gassers.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Don Garlits...

That would be really cool, I'd love to have a Swamp Rat!
Well.... Big Daddy Don Garlits goes waaay back, but the only Funny Car he had was an early 60's Dodge Dart Convertible- that was really just a Exhibition car, and he did have alot of front engined rails before he pioneered the rear engine dragster, but I don't think AW would ever build the Dart F/C or the Front engined rails, but they might make one of his rear engined AA/FD using the Dragsters they already have in production. :)

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
JUNE???????
The joke back in the day with JL or AW as they are known now regarding delivery date was to add 90 days at least to their date. For their early manufactured slotcars, delivery dates were always a little later than announced. The good thing, they did come through eventually. :thumbsup::thumbsup: rr

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Funny thing, I was just lookin at the AW Legends F/C's in the diecast section, and I was a Drag Racing Fan in that era, but I don't remember Don Garlits '71 Charger FC ? Was it very successful ?

·
Premium Member
5,692 Posts
Wow I will applaud AW for these. I support them all the way, and will continue to. :thumbsup: Really cool direction to go. :dude:

Gassers, funny cars, awsome. :cool:

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Hmmm.... The Red J.J. Camaro

I see they chose the lesser known RED colored Camaro- Jungle Jim car, instead of his more widely seen Blue colored cars. Personally, I loved his (Blue)Chevy Nova F/C's better than his Camaro's...although I did buy the Revell 1/25 Scale Camaro F/C model kit, when it first hit the hobby shop shelves in the early 1970's. Man... I used to drool over Jungle Pam Hardy, when I used to see her staging Jim at the line, and also in the pits, where I always used to hang when he was running at Englishtown Raceway Park back in the 70's when I was teenager. :D

Here's a link to a sneak peek of the Blue Max vs Jungle Jim drag set, which is due in December:

http://www.autoworldhobby.com/legends/slot-cars/

·
Registered
195 Posts
Saw the 1/18th diecast Blue Max at the local hobby store. The chassis is diecast but the body was plastic. Very disappointed for $80. But I will buy the slots.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It appears the Funny Cars are still gonna have the same low profile "rubberband" tires on the rear. They just don't look right. I wonder why they can't use the same tires that are used on the Top Fuel cars?

:dude:

·
BANNED
8,262 Posts
we can upgrade them ourselves. many are going to narrow wheels/tires and lower the bodies anyway. the kids won't know the difference and enjoy the hell out of them too. the adults that buy them for sentimental reasons, that aren't real slot tards, will not know the difference. it is all good.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
we can upgrade them ourselves. many are going to narrow wheels/tires and lower the bodies anyway. the kids won't know the difference and enjoy the hell out of them too. the adults that buy them for sentimental reasons, that aren't real slot tards, will not know the difference. it is all good.
Why not make them right to begin with. :D

1 - 20 of 91 Posts