Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations on the break in of the AW 4 gear and what is the "proper" lube" to use the the plastic drivetrain?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Same tuning/ break-in procedures as tjets/TO's/Afx cars. And a little lithium grease for the gears, or the red oil.

·
Registered
42 Posts
On both of my recent 4 gear purchases, the rear axle ring gears were bone dry causing a nasty squeal (you have to open up the chassis to get to it). Also filed slightly more taper on the guide pin surfaces as they would catch on my crossovers. All is well now.

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
I have to say I just got a bunch of new AW Ultra g's 3 gear AFX type of chassis's from Rob aka Bud's HO and they all came loaded with white grease all over the plastic drive train. These cars are seriously excellent running. ANd quiet!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have to say I just got a bunch of new AW Ultra g's 3 gear AFX type of chassis's from Rob aka Bud's HO and they all came loaded with white grease all over the plastic drive train. These cars are seriously excellent running. ANd quiet!!
The gears on top of the chassis were well lubed with white grease on my 4 gears. It's just the axle ring gear contained within the chassis that was dry. And yes, they are excellent runners once broke in.

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
The gears on top of the chassis were well lubed with white grease on my 4 gears. It's just the axle ring gear contained within the chassis that was dry. And yes, they are excellent runners once broke in.
Ahh, i'll have to check that out.

Thanks for the info.:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts