Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Autoworld super lll cars. Picked it up last week. As I was running it today it got really slow. Took the body off and seen two tiny silver screws sticking out that werent before I ran it. I screwed them back it and it went right back to being fast. Has anyone else had these come out on them while running the car(or am I the only one with one of these)?

The link it the car I have.
http://www.autoworldstore.com/p-380-super-iii-2005-mustang-gt-translucent-orange-first-lap.aspx

What do I do to fix the screws from coming out?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
they are set screws, they hold the brushes and springs in the brush tube!
I think the guys that use brush tube set screws use a tiny dab of purple loctite to stop the screws from moving from the vibration

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew what they where for just didnt know that they work them selfs loose lol. Why would I use purple instead of blue. I want to be able to change things if needed.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
key word is I think!
I use set screw a million years ago!
now i use slottech bigfoot brush system and rubber bands

But I have used purple in the past, but 1 little little little dot and I could unscrew them when I wanted to.

But I could not remember which had the lest grip

I do use green to keep the barrels from moving in the chassis

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
As for loctite, purple is designated for small screws, blue is removable. I have used both I know the purple will attack some plastics.

Boosted

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
One touch of clear nail polish applied with a toothpick worked perfect for me. Be sure and get them adjusted correctly first.

Since we are discussing Super III cars, did anyone ever make available replacement pickups?

Gary
AKA LeeRoy98
www.marioncountyraceway.com

·
Registered
592 Posts
or...

Use a pair of pliers and lightly deform the threads of the screw. That small amount of friction will hold the screw firmly in place. :)

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Clear nail polish clashes with your eye shadow? How can something clear clash with anything? I agree with LeeRoy98 sounds like an excuse :tongue:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts