Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife indulged me in a weekend trip to South Bend, IN. I've been wanting to go to the AutoWorld Store for awhile & she thought this was a good weekend to do it.
I very disappointed in the pricing they had on their slot cars. And there wasn't that many to choose from. A Super 3 Mustang MIP was priced at $24.99. The new Batmobile with the Penguin in it was $21.99. The limited primer Willies & primer Mustang was priced at $24.99. 6 rivets for chassis was $3.71. There was not any bargains to be found in the store. I wasn't expecting them to undercut their distributors on pricing, but I figured they'd be lower than that. I wonder how long they can stay open with pricing like that. So unless you live in South Bend, it wouldn't be worth the trip, time, & effort to drop by. You would be better off talking to your favorite seller on ebay or here on Hobbytalk.
Very disappointed in Missouri,
fcb

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Well it a nice gesture on your wifes part to help you enjoy the hobby. I guess now your online purchases will be easier to justify.

Oh and thanks for the phone calls. Without your encouragement I would have taken longer to return.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I live like 30 mins from Autoworld. Im always in there. They are a little low on stuff. If you look at there online store they will give you the price that is online also. I picked up a super 3 for $10. Also picked up a batmoblie for what it was goin online.

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joe, the trip wasn't a wasted. I got to visit a friend while we were in the area, we took our 10 yr old to a museum & Lake Michigan. And funny you mention hamburgers - we had an awesome meal at 5 Guys Burgers. I highly recommend them if you have one near you.
Goose, We find it easier to get away on weekend trips than a whole vacation. Kelly & Dalton wanted to do a road trip & I suggested the direction. Always great talking to you.
Taz, The prices I saw were the same on the estore. I asked a clerk about the Super 3's and he said they were $24.99. I was wanting some Mustang bodies from the Super 3 series. You must've got the last $10 car. They had pullback cars & they were $5 a piece. That was the best bargain I found.
Thanks for the feedback thus far.
--fcb

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
AW has purple guard rails in the Scooby Doo set & I e-mailed the store to see if there was any chance of somehow buying some, (though not expecting them to be available). Never even got a a short reply of any kind (I would still love to get a bunch). Figured that at least they would tell me NO or something.
:confused:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Thats too bad. I understand though them not wanting to undercut their distributors. I'm still foaming at the mouth to get my hands on one of those limited edition primer Mustangs though, the shipping is the only thing stopping me.
Hey eastside, you might try customer service instead. I had a problem with some of the track I got in a set and they replaced for me, no charge, maybe they can help you out.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
snip

And funny you mention hamburgers - we had an awesome meal at 5 Guys Burgers. I highly recommend them if you have one near you.

snip

--fcb
Mmmmmmmmm five guys...

Once in a while I get the big bacon cheeseburger from there...

With lettuce, tomato, mayo, mushrooms and fried onions.

And then I need a cigarette. And I don't even smoke.

--rick

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Thatsa G.O. (Gastronomic Orgasm)

Mmmmmmmmm five guys...

Once in a while I get the big bacon cheeseburger from there...

With lettuce, tomato, mayo, mushrooms and fried onions.

And then I need a cigarette. And I don't even smoke.

--rick
Rick, I hope you Wear protection when you dive into one of those ;)

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
We just got a 5 guys here and I've been twice. Excellent food, but I still prefer Culvers! Unfortunately they have no plans to open north of the border :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts