Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a strong chance a date can be finalized in the next three weeks. Waiting to hear on some details before we can lock that in. Chances are a late August or mid September date is in order.

I am in negotiations with more than one die-cast contributor to the show this year. No one manufacturer will have a lock on all castings due to this year's circumstances. There are some interesting additions and options we now have. JL will still be the emphasis of the show but Motormax and the Fresh Cherries brand has really stepped up to be a contributing factor on the die-cast side of the show. I know if I ask you to pick a casting, no real consensus will be found as everybody will have an opinion. My question is instead two parts...................

1. Do you want to continue the previous tradition of paid sponsor logos on the car like the Mustang was last year? A race car Nascar style logo format.

2. If a Fresh Cherries special factory color casting is used would you support the program like you would if it was a JL casting or would that keep you from supporting this program and prefer only JL castings be used?

Many thanks.

Mark

·
Registered
349 Posts
1. Do you want to continue the previous tradition of paid sponsor logos on the car like the Mustang was last year? A race car Nascar style logo format.
YES

2. If a Fresh Cherries special factory color casting is used would you support the program like you would if it was a JL casting or would that keep you from supporting this program and prefer only JL castings be used?
Rather have JL, but would definately support it!

Many thanks.

Mark[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
1. No opinion on this one. I didn't get involved in the paid sponsorship. The majority vote is fine by me.

2. I'd rather have only JL. Not a big Fresh Cherries fan. And JL is all I collect.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
1. Doesn't matter to me about the logos it's all about the casting.

2. Depends on the price and the casting. I don't collect Fresh Cherries but I could be tempted.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts

I think it was excellent Mark. It should be continued.

I would support it. I would support it ESPECIALLY if it were a special color, in a factory package, with new Fest tampos.

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
I attend and heavily support Fest for the people, the cars are a bonus for me, so if we have a manufacturer who is willing to support the people and sees the benefit in supporting the people, I will support them also!

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Mark, I answer yes to both questions. Fest for me is all about getting together with my friends and sharing the experience of diecast collecting with them. I will support you in this event wherever you need me to.
Many thanks.

·
Vacation Needed
7,577 Posts
1. I liked last year's format with the personally sponsored car.

2. Not really interested in a fresh cherry. Only the J/L models interest me.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
I have the same answer for both questions,

not exactly my cup of tea but I am very fond of the cause they support and stand for...so I am in.

Very well said Mac'sLittleCars :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
1. I thought the NASCAR style was a really good idea.
2. I prefer JL, but more than that, I prefer an event to occur, so whatever it takes with whoever is willing to provide is ok with me!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Fest

triple20 said:
I have the same answer for both questions,

not exactly my cup of tea but I am very fond of the cause they support and stand for...so I am in.

Very well said Mac'sLittleCars :thumbsup:

I'll second that

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No but Motormax may come east!!!

Still working those issues out. Motormax is game on castings no matter where the show is. They will cooperate with the Fresh Cherries line or any other product for that matter which is really refreshing. Been some time since I had this kind of cooperation. Has anybody taken the time to notice they make a 1:64th scale hauler and single car trailer? Hmmmmmm?

This is just HALF the game. Still more to come. Play along!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Macs_Little_Car said:
I attend and heavily support Fest for the people, the cars are a bonus for me, so if we have a manufacturer who is willing to support the people and sees the benefit in supporting the people, I will support them also!
I also agree with this. Just as long as the casting looks neat, I don't have a problem.

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts

Yes, I think logo cars are more personal. Gives it a sense of ownership.

It would be an honor to have them onboard.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
i will support both.
only two questions thow. will thay also support the charity that we have had over the last 2 years. and will we be building customs to sell for the charity?

1 - 20 of 114 Posts