Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around this HT board and the JL Board for more info on how the AutoFest 2009 worked out.
This was my first year being asked to participate in their Event and I was pretty excited to assist with the ADDWC Charity.

I wasn't able to take any pics of my 3 Car Jada Set before I shipped it out but with the help of two HobbyTalk members here, SJ2die4 and PMS485, they were good enough to provide me a picture of the assembled set.

Thanks for the help SJ2die4 and thanks for taking the pic PMS485.

The painted wooden plaque came out decent, next time I'll use acrylic plastic glass, but the cars turned out great.
It made a very nice presentation.

I look forward to participating again next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--CadillacPat the UnCustomizer--
Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Pat,
That set was beautiful. When I saw it in the auction I thought it would do quite well. I'm not sure what it brought in, but I did see the winner with it in her hand later on. She looked to be quite content with it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There was a raffle planned but we didn't have one. Your three car set was incredible.
Hey Gerald,
Welcome to the Customs section,
I actually did a Search on Ebay while I was waiting for information to be posted about the outcome of the AutoFest.
I didn't find it on Ebay but it could have been listed in an odd way.

Stutz answered one of my posts saying he just saw it at the house of the guy who won the Auction at the AutoFest Charity.

Information is beginning to surface over on the main AutoFest 2009 site so I'm pretty curious how the overall Convention went and how the ADDWC Charity made out.

It was a fun piece to create and I plan on doing another next year in the form of one of my "Texas Rainbows" ,i.e., several different colored cars of the same theme.

Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Stutz answered one of my posts saying he just saw it at the house of the guy who won the Auction at the AutoFest Charity.
I really did see a woman carrying that set in one of the elevators. She must have been with someone. That set was beautiful Pat.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really did see a woman carrying that set in one of the elevators. She must have been with someone. That set was beautiful Pat.
Thanks Ron,

Yes, there is a reply to my same post either here on the DieCast Events board or over on the JL board saying that a woman purchased the set, so, I figure she may have won the Charity Auction for her husband.
The reply said she had a big smile on her face.
That's the kind of stuff I like to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm already making some stuff for the Annual HotWheels Convention in California just a month away.
The AutoFest, the Annual and National HW Conventions and the Summer Smash are the real bonafide DieCast Conventions.
They don't hype you up telling you the Convention cars can be sold for hundreds of dollars on Ebay and they have all 3 been in existence for enough time to guarantee the attendees a good time.

Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That So Sweet. Another Incredible Piece of work
Thanks Dan,
Good to hear that you guys like them,

More Chevy NASCAR Customs in the Ovens right now,

Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts