Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something a little different,

Max's Interceptor & the Enemy Car from the film. The Interceptor was, at one time, a Falcon Hardtop (I'm not sure if it was an XA or XB model) - I've no idea what the Enemy car was originally!

Now where can I get a 1:43 Mel Gibson.....

Cheers,

·
Registered
40 Posts
Max's car was originally a XB. And was never anywhere near that clean in Road Warrior :)
The enemy car is based on an Australian Ford Landau which was an upmarket version of the Hardtop. Oddly of all the cars in the first two films I can not recall this one.

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Max's car was originally a XB. And was never anywhere near that clean in Road Warrior :)
The enemy car is based on an Australian Ford Landau which was an upmarket version of the Hardtop. Oddly of all the cars in the first two films I can not recall this one.

Cheers
Lee
Thanks for the clarification Lee - I think I'll leave the Interceptor in showroom condition though:)

Steve

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
here's my 1/64th scale road warrior.

made from a hw and jl - bodys spliced together:wave:

and here's the tow truck being made.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts

Cheers
Lee
I have to agree with you - the enemy car in the main chase scene of Road Warrior was a black Holden HQ Monaro - perhaps the toy company just used what they had???

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
So you guys are saying that this is not an accurate rendering of the bad guy's car used in the movie? If that's the case, I'll wait for another version, either the Mad Max car by itself, or wait for another company to come out with one.

·
Registered
470 Posts
To set the record straight. The 2nd car is from Mad Max 2 and is accurate and correct. In fact, both the cars are from the 2nd movie as you will notice the big fuel tanks in the back of the Interceptor. Here is a picture of the opening chase sequence and you can see the Landau on the left.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Excellent screen shot Rayman:wave:
I was thinking of the original Mad Max movie that I have on video, which is Falcon v Holden.
I havent seen MM2 this millenium,so its certainly time to watch it again!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Excellent screen shot Rayman:wave:
I was thinking of the original Mad Max movie that I have on video, which is Falcon v Holden.
I havent seen MM2 this millenium,so its certainly time to watch it again!
That photograph actually forms part of the artwork on the box for the set.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
To set the record straight. The 2nd car is from Mad Max 2 and is accurate and correct. In fact, both the cars are from the 2nd movie as you will notice the big fuel tanks in the back of the Interceptor.
Excellent. I will put this set on my wish list.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
yes both cars are correct. only thing that was said is there to clean.
thats why i added the link.
i myself would love to own both clean and then make them look the part myself.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Bump for question.

Finally got this set for my birthday. (Wish they'd used a smaller display box as this one's going to take up a lot of my limited display space...)

There is a package of small accessories taped under the bottom. Spare tire, jerry cans, tan box of some kind, two very small silver cans, and a chain.

Does anyone have any idea how these are supposed to be displayed? Other than just sitting them out on the base plate, where the smaller pieces would immediately get lost, it's not obvious where they go...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts