Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are the AW cars scheduled for release from now to the end of the year, according to the distributor price list.

Nascar Stock Car Shootout race set - Jun
2 generic cars

S3 Nascar R1 - Aug
Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Jeff Gordon
Jimmie Johnson
Kasey Kahne

RR 11 Nascar Rig and Car - Sep
Danica Patrick
Jimmie Jonson

Nascar Team Hendrick Motorsports race set - Sep
Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Jeff Gordon

Nascar Stewart-Haas race set - Oct
Tony Stewart
Kevin Harvick

Ghostbusters Haunted Highway 2 race set - Jun
Ecto-1A Cadillac ambulance
Police car
Taxi

TJ 19 Legends of the 1/4 Mile - Super Stocks - Oct
1964 Ford Thunderbolt - Georgia Shaker - Hubert Platt
1970 Chevelle - Red Alert - Bobby Hamilton
1966 Nova - Grumpy's Toy - Bill Jenkins
I don't know if there will be Iwheels.

TJ 20 Muscle Cars USA - Nov
1968 Camaro
1969 Nova SS
1969 Dodge Charger
1970 Chevelle
1970 Mustang Boss 429
1970 Hemicuda (The last TJ Hemicuda was a JL car.)
I don't know if there will be 1 or 2 colors per car. I don't know if there will be Iwheels.

·
Registered
749 Posts
The Stewart-Haas cars will most likely be Chevy, which will be real dumb as they are switching to Ford for next season.
Useless set.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Stewart-Haas cars will most likely be Chevy, which will be real dumb as they are switching to Ford for next season.
Useless set.
It takes a while to take the cars from idea to production. The licensed cars represent a snapshot that is only accurate for a window of time. Sponsors, car brands, and drivers can change. We saw that in the NHRA cars.

I don't follow Nascar. I am more of a drag race fan. But I think that the Nascar series will be a big success for AW. This year they are doing 3 race sets, a 4 car release, and a couple of rigs with car. I figure next year they will do Fords. Time will tell.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I get it, it's just that the average Nascar fan is very fickle, they only want the newest logo's on their merchandise.
That market is a double edge sword. lot's of potential buyers but outlandish license fees.
Life Like learned all about that and got out of slot cars altogether.

The Dale Jr. cars will probably pay the bills on their own, so AW should be good with those Chevy cars.
Great to see new product anyway.

Thanks
Keith

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Since the NASCAR releases are for the Super III chassis, how do you think they'll run on a new Tomy track set with 120 Ohm controllers? I don't think they'll budge on the 8V Tri-Power setting. At the 12V setting, they'll scrape around the track like a street sweeper. At the expert setting...? And I see on the "RACE SET FEATURES" list, it says "100% Compatible with Tomy AFX Sets."

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Suggestion for SlotsnStuff based on those two links just posted... The shipping charge indicated at the top of the ad/link ($14.95) is not consistent with the shipping charge listed at the bottom of the ad/link ($9.95).

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the photos. HT let's us all look out for each other. You have to be a super sleuth to get all of the info gathered together about what is up-coming.

Here are the usual suspects that I check.

Bad L
Omnimodels
AW shopping
AW Facebook
Ebay
Model Car Racing magazine

I will add Slots n Stuff to my list.

A buddy of mine gets me a copy of the distributor price list.

It would be nice if AW would post it all on one site. Is this the thrill of the hunt?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
Suggestion for SlotsnStuff based on those two links just posted... The shipping charge indicated at the top of the ad/link ($14.95) is not consistent with the shipping charge listed at the bottom of the ad/link ($9.95).

At the bottom, it says "Track Sets Are Not Included" so they must have fixed it now

·
Registered
166 Posts
The Catalina Taxi in the Ghostbusters set is a set only car, just like the Sheriff Buford T Justice Catalina police car in the Smokey and the Bandit set.

·
Registered
166 Posts
While the out of the box AW chassis is not a quality piece, some of the new bodies are well done. Just add your favorite A/FX or Tomy chassis to them and call it a day.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts