Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
When the last time I contacted you. I guess I was correct when I predicted.
Once you saw how well the muscle cars are selling. We would not see any new tooling for the auto then-tics this year. And several muscle cars. Are we going to see anymore auto then-tics?
Joe,

·
Registered
436 Posts
I agree. So many companies are doing muscle cars, but as far as I know only M2 is doing the unique '50s cars in 1/64th. Let's hear it for Autothentics!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Yes, more Authentics please, even if it's variations of existing castings; ie wheel covers and tires. GreenLight has better Muscle cars, especially now with new tires and wheels.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Doesn't surprise me, though. I wouldn't think 50s subjects besides the predictable items ('57 Chevy) would sell nearly as well as muscle cars. I'd love to see more Auto-thentics also.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
The first waves of 50 cars are still on the pegs at WM. The 3 packs hit Ollies discount store. Some of those cars just don't have a fan base.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hi,
When the last time I contacted you. I guess I was correct when I predicted.
Once you saw how well the muscle cars are selling. We would not see any new tooling for the auto then-tics this year. And several muscle cars. Are we going to see anymore auto then-tics?
Joe,
Hi Joe,

Sorry to bust your bubble on your prediction, but the next 3 or 4 new castings coming are all Auto-Thentics. Currently for the Auto-Thentics we have 17 castings with 3 new ones really soon and maybe a 4th not too far behind. For the Detroit-Muscle line we currently only have 10 castings.

It may seem like we have more muscle cars because they are more flexible than the 1950's cars. Example, with our 1970 Ford Mustang casting, we can get a Mach1 351, Mach 1 428, BOSS 302, BOSS 429, Sports Roof 428 SCJ, Grabber and a few more that have not come out yet.

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
981 Posts
Example, with our 1970 Ford Mustang casting, we can get a Mach1 351, Mach 1 428, BOSS 302, BOSS 429, Sports Roof 428 SCJ, Grabber and a few more that have not come out yet.

Thanks,
Sean

yup .. we are all well aware of your love for the 70 Stang... and there certainly are plenty of collectors out here that must be buying the many,many many versions you comeup with..

It may be just me , but since I already have quite a number of Muscle Cars that were previously done by your competition , I'm constantly judging and comparing for quality and overall pleasing looks between those brands and the similar ones from M2.
M2's just doesn't cut it .. for too many reasons that have been brought up in the past on this forum.

What do I collect from M2 ? ALL the UNIQUE and ORIGINAL castings that M2 blew me away with when the Auto-Thentics first came out .. PRAISE THE TOY-GODS!!!, SOMEONE FINALLY GETS IT!!

Now we'll see Auto-Thentics include the 57 Nomad and 55 Chevy 2-dr Sedan .. Not original ,, been done quite a few times before.. may have to pass if they don't stack up..

I'm one opinion Sean , just casting my vote if it can help you down the road..:

Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Steve,
Do you have inside info on the new castings or were you just making a hypothetical point with mention of the Nomad and 55 Chevy? I thought the next castings were to be a 57 Dodge, 56 Olds, and 60 Buick.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Hopefully we dont see more 55 - 57 Chevys .. Too many out there now ... My local toy vendor says the 57 Chevys , 54 Dodges & 49 Mercs are the slowest sellers in the M2 line .. Id like to see a 59 Ford - never been done before .. Along with 59 or 60 Edsel .. A 59 or 60 Pontiac would be cool too !

·
Registered
981 Posts
Steve,
Do you have inside info on the new castings or were you just making a hypothetical point with mention of the Nomad and 55 Chevy? I thought the next castings were to be a 57 Dodge, 56 Olds, and 60 Buick.
Those three would really kick my ticker.. LOVE em ..if that's true..

The Chevys I'm referring to are sneak-peeks from the blog on M2's site.. Where they fall in release-wise ? no idea ..

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Hopefully we dont see more 55 - 57 Chevys .. Too many out there now ... My local toy vendor says the 57 Chevys , 54 Dodges & 49 Mercs are the slowest sellers in the M2 line .. Id like to see a 59 Ford - never been done before .. Along with 59 or 60 Edsel .. A 59 or 60 Pontiac would be cool too !
Some Edsel's would be awesome! And as always... MORE FORD'S! :D

·
Registered
896 Posts
I'd love to see '59-60 Buicks, Pontiacs, Oldses (maybe a flatroof 4dr ht)...a '58 Eldorado Brougham, '52-54 Lincolns, '58-60 Lincoln, '56 Lincoln Mk II, '57-59 Dodges, to name a few.

Anything but the predicable, done-to-death already Chevys, please!

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
I like some of the suggestions mentioned for 50's models. A 1960 Edsel would be out of this world!! Can't say I've seen a real one in person - seen plenty of 58's.
But M2, how about leaping out of the box and surprise us with some Kaisers, Nashs, Packards and some Studebakers!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I like some of the suggestions mentioned for 50's models. A 1960 Edsel would be out of this world!! Can't say I've seen a real one in person - seen plenty of 58's.
But M2, how about leaping out of the box and surprise us with some Kaisers, Nashs, Packards and some Studebakers!:thumbsup:
I like the way this guy thinks. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
436 Posts
I hope your wrong. I want to see the Tri Chevy's!! I also want the '58,59 and '60 Impala's!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts