Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

This year I'm running the Gravity Racing, so ask me if you have any questions. Here's some info for you to think about.

It's all brands racing, Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Johnny Lightnings...whatever you bring.

There will be three catagories

1. Cars (this will be the main category for the grand prize)

2. Trucks, SUVs, and Vans (Note a change from last year, SUVs and Trucks are running against vans this year)

3. Vintage

Each catagory will have prizes and PSRs.

No modified vehicles allowed, as well as no oil or graphite. If I find oil or graphite on a car, I will DESTROY it (maybe give it to Swifty to crush it).

Other than the standard rules from every year, that's it.

Now, I can't race, so someone bring some early Red line Hot Wheels to beat the pants off of Peter's Toppers!

I always welcome White Lightnings to race!

Go Johnny Lightning!

Gerald

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Finally a open brand competition race. See who the best really is.

So folks bring your best PM/RC2 Johnny Lightning Sleds. You are going to lose your hat.

Tomica and Tiger Wheels will easily take the day!

-Peter

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Since I am the defending vintage Topper champion, I have vintage Hot Wheels redlines to bring. I found them in the same case I found the Toppers. They aren't in as good as condition, but I will bring them. Before they were put in the case they were outside in dirt, so they are WELL played with. This will be loads of fun!!!!

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
ozmont said:
Since I am the defending vintage Topper champion, I have vintage Hot Wheels redlines to bring. I found them in the same case I found the Toppers. They aren't in as good as condition, but I will bring them. Before they were put in the case they were outside in dirt, so they are WELL played with. This will be loads of fun!!!!

:mad: YOUR GOING DOWN TROPHY BOY !!!!!:mad:

wait....I said that last year....Dohhhhh:cry: :freak: :lol:

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Oh Tiger Wheels....I forgot about those guys! I may close the track down Thursday night and charge for testing. lol Just kidding.

Yes this will create some cool bragging rights thats for sure.

I'm going to ask MotorMax to create a factory done hard wheel race car, do some wind tunnel testing, some lead weight movement and make Toyota joining NASCAR look like a cake walk in comparison. If they can't figure it out, they'll throw more money at it.

Better get ready. This is war!!!!!!;)

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
.........and I may bring Dixie and Molly, our equivelant to F1 grid girls who will add a whole new random element to the race. For those who have not met the girls, let me tell you, they can change the whole outcome in a split second.:jest:

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Will I have to get some bodyguards in? Will this turn into a WWF match?
Dixie and Molly will be the official Gravity Racer Bouncers. They will be trained to sniff out Oil and Graphite and rip the cars apart.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
I'm placing my money on Motor Max. I hear they are producing an event casting called "double secret probation" that will make all others look like girly girl sissy pink things.

Rumors are flying that billions are invested for testing alone.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Mark Hosaflook said:
I'm placing my money on Motor Max. I hear they are producing an event casting called "double secret probation" that will make all others look like girly girl sissy pink things.

Rumors are flying that billions are invested for testing alone.
Billions??
Mark must opening his wallet then.

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
ozmont said:
Billions??
Mark must opening his wallet then.
I believe that's what he spent to get the "geine" lamp turned off in his daughter's car. :tongue:

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Hey Mark maybe you should buy you kids a good car! Genie lights, Check engine lights...Gee let you kids drive beaters! And then you get mad when Adam wants to get a go kart! I bet it dosent have a light to come on!

OK I have a kid and I know how well they take care of cars...I'm sorry...LOL

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
How did gravity racing turn into "pick on Mark day" lol:jest:

Well if there is enough interest we could maybe talk Gerald into doing an all rubber tire bracket or an "axle" bracket just to see others in action like the vintage pieces prior to piano wire axles. We could move the finish line up to the half way granny mark. That's the fun of it. We govern ourselves and we have our own sanctioning body.

Cross the line and the grid girls may attack.

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
Cross the line and the grid girls may attack.
I like the idea of toppers and redlines going head to head. This will be great. Have the dogs ready when I race Mark.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was thinking about a rubber tire bracket, maybe we could squeeze one in, but that would probably be the end of it, lots of cars to race!

We could go to three cars at a time, might be a problem with the PSRs though.

Food for thought.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
GeraldE61 said:
I was thinking about a rubber tire bracket, maybe we could squeeze one in, but that would probably be the end of it, lots of cars to race!

We could go to three cars at a time, might be a problem with the PSRs though.

Food for thought.
If you are going to do that then you'll need to design a different bracket sheet but it would allow many more cars to be raced.

I'll design one up and have it on hand.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts