Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
AutoArt is the manufacturer. They produce a few in 1:64, 1:43, 1:24, and 1:18. Costs on the 1:18 can run from $ 100 - 130, approximately. And you are correct, the detail on them is great. There are a few new Mustangs out that I have not gotten. Hopefully down the road I can get them.

Scott

P.S. - If you want to check out their website it is ... http://www.autoartmodels.com/en/

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
auto arts used to be in the 50-60 range, but recently they climed to GMP price levels (but not GMP detail)

I agree with you on the first point Alex, I do remember when they were in that lower price range, and the detail was about right for the money.

But I have to say that over the last two years, I think they have risen in detail with along with the price. The only two I own are very detailed...VERY detailed at the $100.00 plus price.

While the last two GMP 's I purchased seem to have dropped a bit in overall quality (down to the $75 to $80 dollar range.) I am not unhappy with them, but the last few are not at the level as my first couple. It may have been the castings I selected, but not as loaded as my first few.

Just thought I would share what I have experienced first hand in my last few purchases. Overall...they are ALL two expensive for toy cars!!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great collection Scott.
I have all of the '05 Mustangs they produced. I passed on the race models although that Speed Channel Mustang is sweet and I may have to consider that one. Next up for me is the 2007 Shelby GT. Just found out about that one.
Jessie

·
Registered
927 Posts
Scott,
I would love to see more photos of your Mustang collection.
Like that Mountain Dew poster/banner, and the cans below the diecast.
Do you have them up on a website or something?
I don't do Mustangs, but I am very heavy into Firebirds/Trans Ams, and have a ton of stuff, including a 1979 Trans Am Billboard ad, never used, still folded up in a very large envelope.

Just wondering,

George :cool:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I agree with you on the first point Alex, I do remember when they were in that lower price range, and the detail was about right for the money.

But I have to say that over the last two years, I think they have risen in detail with along with the price. The only two I own are very detailed...VERY detailed at the $100.00 plus price.

While the last two GMP 's I purchased seem to have dropped a bit in overall quality (down to the $75 to $80 dollar range.) I am not unhappy with them, but the last few are not at the level as my first couple. It may have been the castings I selected, but not as loaded as my first few.

Just thought I would share what I have experienced first hand in my last few purchases. Overall...they are ALL two expensive for toy cars!!!!
i see... but i love the way GMP does their serial numbers, vs AutoArt's (where someone writes the numbers)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I don't have any autoart Stangs in my collection... yet. I really don't go bigger than 1/24 unless its a rare exception, like my plan to get a 1/18 2010 GT500 lol. The extra space required for 1/18 is what has kept me away.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts