Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all! So, I picked up this kit in 1992, and have no idea who produced it. Everything about it, the box, the instruction sheet, the molded parts, is pretty much an exact repro of the original. The only addition I saw is on one corner of the box where it says the Aurora logo is used with permission from Tomy America. It's a great kit, very well molded, and I had a lot of fun painting and building it. For more of the story, and more pics, check out my blog: The Model Kit Monster

The Model Kit Monster

Attachments

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Cinemodels produced it. They had Monogram mold the kits (they had the original molds) and got permission from Tomy (who owned the Aurora trademark at the time). Cinemodels also issued a Monogram boxed Dracula about the same time the Monogram Luminators came out and a longbox repro Aurora Phantom of the Opera.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, cool! Thanks for the info! I got the Phantom kit as well; wish I had gotten the Dracula, but I eventually got one of the repros produced later. :)

·
Elder Statesman
1,857 Posts
Excellent, work! Help me out here as the sometimers is kicking in, the kit was "a Famous Monster of Filmland" original, but the story appeared in Creepy or Errie magazine?

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Outstanding!!! Beautifully built and nicely shot. You really captured the look of the original box art in that first picture. You have a good eye for color. The shading and tinting is spot on. How did you do it .... lighting or photo editing? Also, thanks for including the link to your site. You did a great job chronicling your build ... it'll be real helpful for anyone who intends to build this kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts