Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay Aurora fans, I thought that I would start a thread to help facilitate either you letting someone know what you are looking for, collecting, building or something you will eventually find somewhere...online auction, yardsale, other...that was made from Aurora.

I am in the process of finding the remaining kits from the Aurora Monster Scenes kits from the early 70's which put Aurora off of the map...so to speak!

I am still looking for Vampirella, Dr. Deadly originals...I have resin copies for now which will work if I can't find any originals that are affordeable. Anyone have any of these built-up to sell?

I just finished reconditioning or restoring the Pendulum kit from this series.
I have others waiting for their turn on my workbench but I hope to assemble a diorama with all of these kits...should look GREAT!

What Aurora kits are you trying to get or find?

MMM

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Looking for d'Artagnan (at least the box - really like the illustration) and a JFK to rebuild. Also need a MIB White-tail deer.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I would like to find (for reasonable $$) builtup Wonder Woman, Superboy, Penguin, and still looking for original Batman and Robin that went with the Batmobile.

- Cappy D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Aurora's Zorro would be at the top of my current list. Trouble is finding enough $$$ to be able to bid on them as they appear on Ebay. I sure wish PL could repop that one!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Yeah, it's me again.

CAR KITS!!!
Aurora made some very cool 1/32 car kits that I would like to see so I don'y have to spend big dollars to get them at swap meets.

Marty

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Beck - the Black Falcon Pirate Ship may still be available from the Czechoslovakian model company Smer. You may find it at Megahobby. I've got an unbuilt one at home. It looks to be pretty decent.

Huzz

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Marty said:
Yeah, it's me again.

CAR KITS!!!
Aurora made some very cool 1/32 car kits that I would like to see so I don'y have to spend big dollars to get them at swap meets.

Marty
Marty - I lobbied Dave M to make some of the 1/32nd Aurora curbside rods as 1/24 kits with interior and engine details - like the LaSalle Hearse and Ambulance. Didn't happen, but maybe RC2 would like to take a spin with them???

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Chris, that would be fantastic. What I really want are the hotrod kits they did in 1/32. I had "The Wurst" and would love to have it again, as well as the ones I never got.

Also want, in no particular order:
a Wonder Woman to restore
The Tucumcari Hydrofoil
The Batmobile
Zorro
President Kennedy
The knights
the Musketeers
Capt. Kidd and Blackbeard
Napoleon Solo and Ilya Kuryakin
That old Roman ship they did - don't know the name of the kit

I'll try to find them on ebay eventually, buit for now I haven't the money.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I would love to get my hands on a old Sealab kit! Never going to happen at an affordable price, I know, but it would be cool!

Brad.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Still looking to finish my JFK and Washington models. Just a few parts to go.

As for what I'd like to find the most (and if I had the money):

Zorro
Wonder Woman
Penguin
Archie's Jalopy

Beyond that, I'd like to get anything Aurora that I don't have beside planes and everyday cars. My top "holy grails" that aren't Aurora are the Barnabas Collins and Quentin models.

Larry

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Oh I LOVE these kind of Threads lol
Lets see:
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Cave Gal (Prehistoric Scenes)
Cave Guy
Giant Bird (P.Scenes)
Addar Ape on Stallion (Yeah I know it ain't Aurora but it's Kinda Close!) lol
Moonbus
Orion Shuttle
Small (Monster's Of the Movies?) Creech
Monsters Of Movies Jekyll
" " Hyde
My Grandfather was a Professional Boxer WAYYYYYY Back when (the 1920's) If you follow Boxing he was called "Slim Jim Craygie" well I my have spelled his Last Name wrong Cause he was my Granny's 5th Hubby lol But anyhoo Cause of him I want that Aurora Dempsey Kit!
JON/LONFAN

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Lon , i'm sure you probably already know this but Retroresin had the MoM CFtBL last time i looked . seems like it was around 50 bucks . that may be cheaper than a BU would cost . 'course, like you, i'd rather have the original but they seem to be few and fer between even at ebay .
hb

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
beck said:
Lon , i'm sure you probably already know this but Retroresin had the MoM CFtBL last time i looked . seems like it was around 50 bucks . that may be cheaper than a BU would cost . 'course, like you, i'd rather have the original but they seem to be few and fer between even at ebay .
hb
Gene is a great guy at RetroResin. That is where I have recieved alot of my Monster Scenes kits from. He also has a WonderWoman and MOTM creature and just a bunch of Aurora stuff.
I don't want this thread to go down the "recaster bashing" path as that is NOT what this was meant to do...just information is being passed!

MMM

1 - 20 of 23 Posts