Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This pic is only a test shot & yes I know it`s blurry. lol
I bashed this kit from Dick Tracy using vinyl cut offs for the scarf.I used a modified Batman action figure cape.Who ever designed the Tracy kit should have had him peeking out around the railing . The face is kind of hidden.It`s hard to see the trademark big Shadow nose but it is there. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
What a fantastic idea.Bigger pics and in focus kit would be perfect.Where do modelers take these ideas from.WOW!;)

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Thats a great idea. I just got around to finishing my Dick Tracy kit. I agree the pose is clumsy. The idea is good and the animation is well done, but the base/fire escape overpower the fairly small figure. I'd have never thought of this! Very nice.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Very nice, bb. I hadn't thought of a Shadow conversion before; I was thinking that Tracy could be turned into a nice Green Hornet. And, as he's about 1/16 scale, he could be combined with suitably converted military figures.

·
Curmudgeon
6,602 Posts
Oh, great, now I have to try this. :freak:

Seriously, what a great idea! Despite the blurry photos, your build up looks like an out-of-the-box kit. Well done!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Really excellent idea for a conversion... and from what I can tell in the photo
you did a great job on the buildup. :thumbsup:

It's kinda' blurry so it's hard to see the details... Perhaps you could post a
couple more shots?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
There's no stopping you guys.This Dick Tracy figure seems to be a great basic kit to make conversions from.:eek:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This pic is only a test shot & yes I know it`s blurry. lol
I bashed this kit from Dick Tracy using vinyl cut offs for the scarf.I used a modified Batman action figure cape.Who ever designed the Tracy kit should have had him peeking out around the railing . The face is kind of hidden.It`s hard to see the trademark big Shadow nose but it is there. lol
There will be more photos.These are just test shots.I`m adding more detail to the face & modifying the gun some more.It`s a crying shame that Aurora didn`t have Tracy`s face peeking around the hand rail,The face is barely visible.I still mite try & bash some more so that he is doing exactly that.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very nice, bb. I hadn't thought of a Shadow conversion before; I was thinking that Tracy could be turned into a nice Green Hornet. And, as he's about 1/16 scale, he could be combined with suitably converted military figures.
Thanx for the kudos everyone.This kit can be used for The Spirit,Rorshach,The Question as well.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Very cool conversion BB! :thumbsup: The Shadow is one of my favorite radio and pulp heroes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts