Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished a couple days ago this monster of a sculpt of the Aurora Steg and baby :) .So let me know what ya think and now its off to the next ps scene to do.

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
WHEW! Man that is niiiiiice! I am glad to see that you were not afraid to go bold with the colors. I don't see many dinos like that. Excellent choice of colors. Looks like a mixture of airbrush and dry brush techniques? EXCELLENT!

G

·
As for what i think, 'they are excellent' springs to mind but that just don't quite cover it.
Bold colours yes but with the shading and tone work like you've done, it all just works and works bloody well ! I've never built dino's really even though i do have a soft spot for them so always good to see work like this.

Outstanding sir :thumbsup:
Go easy

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
veedubb67 said:
You've seen a dinosaur?
:>)
:p ....I get one or two strolling through the backyard on occasion. They are not real fond of being seen so sightings are rare. For some reason they usually pop up after a couple of glasses of suds.....just out of the corner of my eye.... :)

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Refreshingly unusual W66. Nice to see someone break out of the stereoypes we all fall into. Good job.
Dabbler

( Can't help thinking pic #2 reminds me of a stained glass window ! ? Am I wierd ? )

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
:jest: YEA !!! I finally made it !! I've finally inhaled enough paint fumes. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Duck Fink said:
:p ....I get one or two strolling through the backyard on occasion. They are not real fond of being seen so sightings are rare. For some reason they usually pop up after a couple of glasses of suds.....just out of the corner of my eye.... :)
So you have them too?

I like the bold colors. Since there are no preserved specimens of dinosaur skin, nobody knows what sort of coloration they had. So it's pretty much up to the imagination. Maybe the males had bright coloring and the females were drab-looking, like many of today's bird species.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for the compliments on the steg.I usually go for darker colors cause they work better for me.But with this guy it was screaming it wanted to be colorful :)

·
Registered
660 Posts
WHOA!!!! With all the possitive feedback your getting for this momma, You're going to do mine next time!!! ;)
Great stuff mi' amigo!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
BEAUTIFUL!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I am stunned by the colors. So vivid, and awesome! A welcome change to the muted colors, used on most Dinosaurs. I feel honored to see them. ;)

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
gorgeous colors . very nice work Wolfman .
Veedub , don't ya know , most of us had to fight dinosaurs on our way to and from school when we were kids ;) .
hb

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
:thumbsup: Exactly ! And through the snow, up hill both ways !! Without shoes !! Lucky we all survived :eek:

Dated Dabbler

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
wolfman66 said:
I usually go for darker colors cause they work better for me. But with this guy it was screaming it wanted to be colorful :)
Must be a gay dinosaur! Not that there's anything wrong with that . . .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts