Hobbyist Forums banner

Aurora Speedline???

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  TX Street Racer 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I've been spending quite a bit of time lately just browsing E-bay. One thing I've seen are some of these "Aurora Speedline" cars.....which appear to be either diecast or plastic.....and appear to be able to be unscrewed. Does anyone know if these can fit a TJet chassis if they are plastic?

#5 ·
I've always liked the Speed-line series along with the Cigar-boxes. I put running chassis on some of them, but what I've done recently was to switch all the wheels over to the JL pullbacks. I never liked the wheels on the speed-line cars--always looked out of place and goofy--too toy like. I think the Jl wheels do wonders.

#8 ·
I'm away on vacation, checking email from my brother's PC... when I get home, I'll post some pics. I have 3 converted Cigarbox/Speedlines... Mustang hardtop, '67 Galaxie, and Firebird. If you do it right, you can use the metal bumpers without gluing them. I have them attached to the screw posts on the Firebird... works great and acts as a spacer for the front one...

--rick

#9 ·
ParkRNDL said:
I'm away on vacation, checking email from my brother's PC... when I get home, I'll post some pics. I have 3 converted Cigarbox/Speedlines... Mustang hardtop, '67 Galaxie, and Firebird. If you do it right, you can use the metal bumpers without gluing them. I have them attached to the screw posts on the Firebird... works great and acts as a spacer for the front one...

--rick
Hey Rick, enjoy your vacation man..... :thumbsup:

I leave Tuesday for my vacation....

#11 ·
roadrner said:
The only bad thing about vacations is that you have to come back to work, unless you pick the right six numbers of the lottery or hit the inheritance tri fecta, then you can say Adios. See y'all at work tomorrow. ;) rr

Usually that's true.....but in my position I'm pretty much self employed I guess you could say......and unfortunately when I return from vacation I don't have another construction job to start.....hopefully soon my dad will sign another contract :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.