Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BANNED
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just finished reading Thomas Graham's Aurora Slot Cars book 2003 release.
it has been residing in my bathroom for a couple of weeks and a page or two read per session was interesting at the very least. in addition to Bob Beers guide, this is incredibly informative up to the time it was printed and I think is a must read for serious slot car junkies.
I surely saw it mentioned in another thread right here on HT and immediately searched it out and bought a copy. there are affordable, brand new copies available through several sources.
the genesis of the company and the slots cars is intriguing and the post mortem and explanation of what happened to the various trademark rights is invaluable knowledge.
of course many have read this and/or knew a lot of these facts already, but I am amazed at the longevity of these toys and the importance which is placed upon them by so many addicts. you won't be disappointed during the read except for the demise which might have been prevented but wasn't.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I love this book. I find the history fascinating. Somehow I can read this book over and over. I actually take it with me when we go away and I think I might have down time...

On a semi-related note, I was recently at my kid's baseball game telling one of the other parents about my hobby, and she commented that I was dangerously close to Trekkie levels of devotion/obsession. I kinda think that's a compliment... :tongue:

--rick

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
I love this book. I find the history fascinating. Somehow I can read this book over and over. I actually take it with me when we go away and I think I might have down time...

On a semi-related note, I was recently at my kid's baseball game telling one of the other parents about my hobby, and she commented that I was dangerously close to Trekkie levels of devotion/obsession. I kinda think that's a compliment... :tongue:

--rick
I saw a story about the upcoming Star Trek convention in Orlando. Lots of Klingons, Vulcans and Romulans in addition to Star Fleet personnel. If you were to go to a slot car show in costume, who or what would you go as?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts