Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just finished up on my Aurora Sailback.Its been a while for me painting up one of these dino's.I was going to do this one up like the one on the cover of the Aurora catalog but the stripes just couldnt get down right so went with a different paint scheme on him.So let me know what ya think?

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Very nice! When I saw these, I thought of picking up some for the Dutchess, as she has the PL pteranadon. Your build makes me want to spend the money!! :)

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
I like the way you handled the color scheme Wolfie. I have an Airfix one on the shelf to do someday and I'll keep yours in mind for reference !! Good expresion in the eye, nice job.
Dabbler

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Wolfie...is this an original or is this one of the " new " ones....Not that it matters but if this is available now I really really want one!!!!

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Prince of Styrene II said:
Very nice! When I saw these, I thought of picking up some for the Dutchess, as she has the PL pteranadon. Your build makes me want to spend the money!! :)
I'd go ahead and grab the reissues of the sailback and armored dino for her.
Kids always like dinosaurs. These are snap kits that are pretty detailed and well engineered.
And if she wants to, she can play with them because of the moveable parts.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Nice work once again!!:thumbsup:

On the re-issue thing, are the reissued kits the same as the old Auroras? Who is re-issuing them? I want to drop by my local shop to see if they have them.

Huzz :hat:

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
TAY666 said:
I'd go ahead and grab the reissues of the sailback and armored dino for her. Kids always like dinosaurs. These are snap kits that are pretty detailed and well engineered. And if she wants to, she can play with them because of the moveable parts.
Good to know, TAY! Thanks!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Thanks Rich! I'll give them a call later today. In view of the snow storm forecast for her tomorrow, that may give me and the little fella something fun to do!

Huzz

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Neil,Prince of Styrene II,the Dabbler,The-Nightsky,Huzz,Trev,F91,Brad,aurora fan for the compliments :) .The-Nightsky the sailback is a reissue but the missing base half came from Bunky brothers they had one left and grabbed it and just drilled two holes in were revell covered them up on the rock base and then popped them in and then added some aves to fill in the gaps. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts