Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a website where a person named David Vaughn was sellling both repro Aurora longboxes and "What-if?" boxes of kits Aurora never made.

My question is... has anyone ever purchased any of these boxes from Mr. Vaughn? If so.... comments?

Also... are there any other people making good quality Aurora box repros?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm not sure he's still in business, but Rocky Sorentino (spelling?) used to produce a lot of repro boxes. I bought several of these for display... this was before Polar Lights came around and really outdid him. Looking at the boxes now, they're really bad - basic color copies pated onto cardboard. David Vaughn and Borealis are the only other two that I know of, though I haven't bought anything from them yet - I'm kind of wary of what I might end up with. As far as I know, both companies clean up the box art digitally and have high quality photo paper to print it onto.
P.S. - I'd appreciate the link to Mr. Vaughn's site, I lost the link, but from what you've said I'm assuming he's the same guy who had the many "what if" superhero boxes? Here's the link to Borealis if you're interested in them: http://hometown.aol.com/thepartspit/MonsterScenes.html

- David M.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I bought a Hulk repro instruction sheet from him And I'm happy with it.
Excellent quaility. Sadly he dosen't offer any boxes I need.
I would love to see how they look.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks, Rock. I've seen where he's auctioned a few & received good feedback.... might buy 1 or 2 boxes in a few weeks... need to see what this possible THIRD hurricane is gonna do.... :(

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hey Dino - They are GREAT!!!!
They are of heavy stock, "Cello" clad - Well packaged,etc. I am going to buy more of in the near future! I've bought 4 of them so far.

Gerry-Lynn

PS I highly recommend them!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts