Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else remember or participate in the Model Motoring Auction of former Aurora slot car designer Ken Hills stuff. It was 206 items in a phone in auction (this was just before eBay started to get popular). Some very interesting stuff, such as:
Green Hornet purple plated
Mach 1 red plated (I would love this one and might have been 2nd high bidder)
Tyrell 007 test shot (never produced)
AFX Porsche 917 RC Cola #23

Here's a pic of the catalog:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Auction...

Yep- I remember... but never called in a bid. First year out of college and furniture seemed like a better investment... or was it..? LOL

I have my catalog too.. Great stuff in it!

-Marc and Marcus

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
I also have the catalog in my...........well I have it someplace here!

Didn't bid on anything but thought that the catalog was pretty cool to keep.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
That white/tan jeep looks hot! I seem to remember AFX having plans to do a Dukes release of their own, which would make this the granddaddy of the AW version of the Dixie. This wouldve been the right year and model of CJ to do it. The jeep from the show was an '08 CJ-7, whereas the AW version is a '66 CJ-5.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The book is listed on ebay from time to time by the original seller of the cars.
I got mine off the bay a long time ago.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thank you for the info.I will keep my eye open for a prototype catalog.How much does the catalog bring? I would like to know what i'm expected to pay for one.Again,Thank you.

I was under the impression that ebay seller Ratherboring is Ron Bernstein,I'm wrong.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts