Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BANNED
8,108 Posts
the legacy rode on the back of slot cars. the modeling side was huge, but not as big as the slots were.
so, how come no slots?

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the legacy rode on the back of slot cars. the modeling side was huge, but not as big as the slots were.
so, how come no slots?
Well Al, my guess is, it's alot easier to just repop plastic kits from old molds that may have survived. Instead of acquire new molds for slot bodies and chassis, and locate and deal with Chinese manufactures to produce Arms, and all the related chassis bits, which are NEEDED to produced a simple but actually very complicated little slotcar. After-all we've seen the 21st Century Model Motoring rise and fall, and seen how many problems that DASH is going through.
So I'm guessing that simple injection molded plastic KITS is the easiest way to begin ?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I wonder if they only own rights to part of the Aurora line? My modern Tomy track says Aurora on the bottom with Tomy in small letters underneath it.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ben, I believe Tomy bought out Aurora in the early 1980's. But besides the name, and maybe general Copyrights, I dunno if they got any of the original Aurora Slot Car molds, since they never seemed to repop anything. Although I wasn't paying attention to what Tomy Slots were like in those transition years - before they chose to go down the path they've stayed on ever since.

·
Registered
460 Posts
If you go into the modeling forum, there are some extensive threads about this reformed Aurora and all the information about it. A really informative and entertaining thread that involves one modeler that was working for them and what he found out. I'll try to find it later if I can. The thread is probably a couple of years or so old, but really worth the read.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I looked up a few of the old threads. These are in The Modeling Forum. You might try "Very Interesting Email From Aurora", "A-Corp (Aurora) Warehouse Pics As Promised", " The Return of Aurora--My Visit There" ( 12-17-2007 ), and "A-Corp Update" ( 5-20-2008 ). These are very interesting reading.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts