Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called the number listed on the website and spoke with the folks at AURORA. They were just on the phone with Monogram and Revell trying to retrieve a mold. I asked if this was "the real deal" and if indeed they were coming back. He said "yes". NO joke! No trick! They are going to try and make it work! I told him I wished him all the success in the world! Thank GOD for just the chance these men are going to try and do this thing! Imagine having, once again, a REAL AURORA kit! Yeah, boy! Can't wait!:p T.U.C.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Sorry, i can't believe monogram would ever let go of any of their remaining original aurora molds from their inventory. I hate being so negative regarding this subject, and hope i am wrong but.... :confused:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
They may be trying to get monogram to make a few kits for them using the original molds. That would be the best way to go, as opposed to spending $$$$for new tooling. I've heard that anyone can have kits made if they order something like 10,000 units. Of course getting monogram to locate the molds is the tricky part. Like looking for needles in haystacks from what I hear...Thats how Cinemodels did it, when they released their kits....Otto

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Exactly! I dont think monogram even knows what all they have..LOL..I'm sure some of the molds are in Europe to...Otto

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I'll believe it's for real when I see REAL kits on REAL store shelves.
Revell isn't going to give any tooling back! Trust me on that one!

Dave

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Dave should know!

Are we talking about Lapco here or Aurora?

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
THRUSH Central said:
Thank GOD for just the chance these men are going to try and do this thing!
I ain't the least bit religious, but if I were, I don't believe I'd be thanking The Almighty for the return of LAPCO.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You're right.. Hope requires us to risk and sometimes it's just easier to give in to cynicism or allow reality to wear us out...too bad. I will believe in AURORA when I see the kits, BUT, I like being able to dream and hope. T.U.C.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Not saying this is for real or anything, but i remember a while back when everyone was saying no one could make new molds for a kit and how it would cost a million dollars to start a new model company.boy was you guys wrong on that one.

·
Registered
289 Posts
A Taylor said:
Yeah, well we ain't wrong on THIS one, newbie. Reast assured.
Did not say you was wrong on this one.should just wait and see.NEWBIE...nah i have been building collecting models for 40 years.Seen it all!

·
Oxidation Genius
31,279 Posts
1bluegtx said:
Did not say you was wrong on this one.should just wait and see.NEWBIE...nah i have been building collecting models for 40 years.Seen it all!
You're new here, being the point.
Welcome, btw. :)

We've seen the inside of this dungeon before, is all we're sayin'.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
He's not a newbie, he's still mint in original box. You old parts-missin', Pactra gloss-encrusted, coming-unglued builtups are just jealous. :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
John P said:
You're new here, being the point.
Welcome, btw. :)

We've seen the inside of this dungeon before, is all we're sayin'.
Actually i have been here quite awhile (7 years)just dont post much.I was here for the "Klaatu barada nikto" incident,The take over from the johnny lightning guys,the mass exit to the clubhouse.Remember those?

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
1bluegtx said:
I was here for the "Klaatu barada nikto" incident
Hoping it's ancient history and no one will mind me asking, that sounds too good to resist: what the heck was THAT about?!?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts