Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
"I don't say much"
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who are not following the Community Build subsection of this forum, please vote in my poll as to which Blackbeard kit I should build for the CB, Aurora or Atlantis.
Poll closes in two days. Thanks Ya'll! :)

~RK~

·
Premium Member
Models - Horror Figures and Science Fiction
6,044 Posts
Roy,

In my stash I just stumbled across a 1970s-vintage AMT long box Star Trek TOS Enterprise kit. It's missing the front end cap for the secondary hull but is otherwise complete. I WON'T HESITATE TO BUILD THE THING!

Sorry for the shouting but, the point is, neither the model I have nor the one you're wringing your hands over are mint-in-box. They just don't have the collector value of pristine kits. So, as 8 out of 15 voters have already told you, and MonsterModelMan has approved for the Winter/Spring 2013 Community Build: it's okay to build the Aurora Blackbeard. None of us are getting any younger - I say, enough with the polls let's see you turn this model into a masterpiece, already!

Yer takin' all the fun out of being a bystander, for corn's sake. :rolleyes:

·
"I don't say much"
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark :drunk: ... Mark :drunk: ... Mark :drunk: ...

I am not wringing my hands. :freak:
There is a point to this. It's not about MIB or anything like that.
I am simply asking my fellow modelers to assist with the process.
For me it's a way to involve "The Community" in this CB. ;)
Anxiously awaiting the poll results!

Did I mention I luv using smileys?

~RK~

·
Premium Member
Models - Horror Figures and Science Fiction
6,044 Posts
Roy Kirchoff said:
...For me it's a way to involve "The Community" in this CB.
Roy,

Oh, ah - that explains it. I was wondering about what appeared to be an uncharacteristic indecisiveness. Now I get it, I think...but maybe you could bring some alphabet blocks to the brewpub after SEMMEX so you can explain it better to me. :freak: (I like smilies too, but this one's as close to :moron: as I could get).

·
"I don't say much"
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sounds like a great idea. I should be pretty far along by then. :dude:

~RK~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts