Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to complie a list of the aurora monster reissues. I have a collection and I am wondering what I may be missing. I currently have the following with the Aurora logo on the box.

Frankenstein
Dracula
The Mummy
The Wolfman
Rodan
King Ghidora
Godzilla
King Kong
The Phantom of the Opera
The Forgotten Prisoner of Castel-Mare'
The Creature from the Black Lagoon

The Frightening Four Pack (Not sure if this is considered a reissue but it does have the aurora logo on the box.)

Have I missed anything?

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
You are missing The Witch, The Bride of Frankenstein, and Dr. Jekyll as Mr. Hyde. Maybe more but these three to the best of my knowledge.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
The Witch, The Bride of Frankenstein, were reissued by Polar Lights and Dr. Jekyll as Mr. Hyde by Moebius...
The Guillotine Addams Family HH and Living room also by Polar Lights...I don't think any of these had an Aurora logo on the re-issues, nor did the Monster Mobiles...
Denis

·
Registered
581 Posts
The Guillotine Addams Family HH and Living room also by Polar Lights...I don't think any of these had an Aurora logo on the re-issues, nor did the Monster Mobiles...
Denis
Oh-oh... now we're diverting from the canonical 13 models.

This rabbit hole is going to get very deep.... good luck going down it!!!

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
You mean a real reissue like the Revell reissue of Frankenstein... or do you want to include the new mold remakes like The Witch, Dr. Jekyll, etc.?

The only original Aurora kits to be reissued from the original molds have been

Dracula
Frankenstein
Wolf Man
Mummy
Creature
Phantom
Forgotten Prisoner
King Kong
Godzilla

While not monsters, Batman, Robin and Superman have been reissued too.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts

I thought his question was new re-issues that also had the Aurora Logo printed on the newly re-issued boxes...
Denis

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought his question was new re-issues that also had the Aurora Logo printed on the newly re-issued boxes...
Denis
Yeah - that was the question.

I have most of the ones with the polar lights logo on them.

Bride of Frankenstein
Addams Family House
The different monster wagons
The Seaview
Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde
The Witch

As to the Moebius, I am collecting them too. But so far, I don't think any of them have the Aurora logo on the box.

What I am working on is a collection of the Aurora clones with the original box art and the Aurora logo on the boxes, and I want to find out if I have missed any.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
I am trying to complie a list of the aurora monster reissues. I have a collection and I am wondering what I may be missing. I currently have the following with the Aurora logo on the box.

Frankenstein
Dracula
The Mummy
The Wolfman
Rodan
King Ghidora
Godzilla
King Kong
The Phantom of the Opera
The Forgotten Prisoner of Castel-Mare'
The Creature from the Black Lagoon

The Frightening Four Pack (Not sure if this is considered a reissue but it does have the aurora logo on the box.)

Have I missed anything?
Nope...You've got them ALL!!!
Congratulations!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Cheers
Denis:wave:

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Polar lights called it The Bellringer (long box), It's been released since then with the proper Hunchback name but I believe only in the Square box glow version no Aurora logo.
Denis

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Cinemodels, the current actual owner of the famous Aurora oval logo reissued 2 kit in the 1990s - The forgotten Prisoner and Phantom of the Opera. Every use of that logo since then has been licensed from Cinemodels.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
And you'll want to be adding the NEW Moebius Frightening Lightning Forgotten Prisoner (preorder) as it is said to have the Aurora logo.:thumbsup:
Jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts