Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Restored this Aurora Jesse James for a buddy of mine.I usually dont go really dark on a figure but being he's a outlaw figured what the hell.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Very nice job on a relatively obsure Aurora kit. Love the 5 o' clock shadow. This one's got a real 1960s TV Western vibe - which is appropriate, considering the model kit captilalized on the short-lived ABC television series "The Legend of Jesse James (1965-66)".

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Ditto on all comments - nice work!
In fact, I think its the nicest treatment of this figure I've seen. Very nice weathering. Vast improvement over the kit's first interation as the sheriff...

·
Registered
483 Posts
Fantastic job again Dan !!!!! Kudos you need to be giving lessons on how to's your work is incredible and we appreciate your posts and your work inspires us all to paint and build more kits !!!!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks,Robert,Chrisw,Scooke for the compliments:) and will be doing the Us Marshall next for the same person.But this will be a straight out of the box buildup cause was just informed its a sealed one that is coming to me in the mail from him.:)

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Danny - great job once again. You caught the razor stubble perfect along with the shading on the base. I thought there was a rattle snake with this kit but can't remember. I might have it confused with Tonto

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Great job Dan!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:. The paintwork all over is excellent! The stubble really adds a lot to the "outlaw" look and the clothing and base are spot- on.

Chris.:)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Bob,Wayne,Simon,JimmyB,Chris,Philo for the compliments.Im looking forward to building the Marshall next or maybe two Original Robots from Lost in space next for the same person that jesse belongs too:).

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
...I usually dont go really dark on a figure but being he's a outlaw figured what the hell.

Dark is good! Excellent work - a project like this would have taken me weeks, and the base and clothing are absolutely superb.

One little quibble: the breech of the rifle, that's the 'rectangular' area above the trigger, from the barrel back to the cocking hammer, is metal, the same as the barrel, trigger and cocking hammer.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks again guys for the compliments and Cro-magnon man thats something over looked:D.Here's something else that might be next:dude:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts