Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is the completed 1966 era Aurora Jesse James. It was my fourth contract job for the gentleman and the most work as well because the base was much more busy. It took about two weeks and I likely have 15+ hours in it. He is getting his money's worth but I'm not!!! The figure itself is the same as the US Marshall I did for him a couple of months ago but I used a paint scheme that was different from the Marshall and duplicated the box art pretty much.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Wow Bob...You're just knocking these out of the park :thumbsup:
Awesome after 5 shadow! each bullit and button...wow...Great work!!!
Denis

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Denis, I am waiting for you to post some new builds since you got back home to stay for a while. I added the shadow after the first batch of pictures as I was editing them and was thinking of anything extra I could do to it. It was Tamiya smoke and I have found that paint to be one of the most useful paints I have since I discovered it. Simply great for effects and shadowing and all kinds of other uses too. Weathering, coloring, and on and on.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
I've got a few on the bench right now...being back home will certainly allow me to pump em out faster:p
...and YES Tamiya smoke is awesome:thumbsup:
Denis

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
That looks great Bob! I have the Aurora Jesse James still in the original box, but back in 2005 I took the instruction sheet out to copy for a friend and since then I've not been able to find it.
Also have a Built US Marshal. Bob did you also do the US Marshal?

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are in luck Chinxy, the guy sent me copies of the instructions and I actually didn't have them until today as I never completely emptied the shipping box. I was repacking it today to send back and there were the instructions in the bottom. I'll copy them and fire you off an email next week sometime.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
That's a great job on that kit!

It's nice to see buildups of kits that I have actually completed myself. I often have a copy of a kit that's posted, but my copy isn't built (yet). At least I can live vicariously through the buildups of others. :)

I have both versions of this kit, but have only built the Jesse James version so far.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
You are in luck Chinxy, the guy sent me copies of the instructions and I actually didn't have them until today as I never completely emptied the shipping box. I was repacking it today to send back and there were the instructions in the bottom. I'll copy them and fire you off an email next week sometime.
Thanks Bob - that's great!:thumbsup:

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
Fantastic resto work, Bob! You have this down to a science now!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Great job, Bob! Your client is going to have a great collection. I really like the colors choices for all your buildups and your ability to find colors to match the box art. Do you mostly use Vallejos?

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Another incredible resto Bob!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I love the way you're resurrecting these great old kits. :)

Chris.:)

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great job, Bob! Your client is going to have a great collection. I really like the colors choices for all your buildups and your ability to find colors to match the box art. Do you mostly use Vallejos?
I only used one Vallejo air color on this one and that was burnt sienna brushed on the wood stock on the rifle. For the most part I used Badger Freak Flex paints on it with most of him done by airbrushing and then detail work done mainly by hand as well as touch up. I think I am going to start a thread discussion about paints as I keep learning things from doing different things with paints. And thanks for the kind comments all, the next project for the gentleman is one of the old Aurora knights. I've never done a knight before so that should prove interesting.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Thanks John - I was just going to say that the metal parts of the receiver had been painted as wood and was thinking 'if only there was a photo at hand to show what it means'! It looks like the receiver might have been molded as part of the wooden stock, in fact.
You're making me very envious with these Famous Fighters restorations, Bob, this kit especially - good pose, large kit, great base details (seen the rattlesnake, everyone?)!

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks again for the kind remarks guys. I'm not a gun person so I didn't know anything about the rifle parts. But also the gun had no molded in break marks or anything to indicate where they would have separated. I do now that I am thinking about it realize that the entire loading and firing area would have to be metal, after all I was a rocket scientist recently! The model will be delivered in Oregon tomorrow so if my client wants accuracy he will have to touch up the rifle himself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts