Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not my favorite of the bunch but a blast just the same! Sculpted an upper mouth pallet and added explosions with lead remnants and smoke from cotton swabs. Stuck pretty close to box art for color scheme. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Excellent work as usual gillmen!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I love the way you build and paint your Auroras. Very inspirational stuff mate!!

Chris.:)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Looks wonderful! Is that all dry brush? What color did you use for base coat? I don't think I have a green that bright and I'd like to try it on some things...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks wonderful! Is that all dry brush? What color did you use for base coat? I don't think I have a green that bright and I'd like to try it on some things...
It's many techniques including dry brushing, washes, charcoals, and airbrush. I used a lime green as a base coat and build up the colors from there. Theirs a lot of undercoating involved too!

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Godzilla is one monster I was never that enthralled with but that is one nice model of him. Love the highlighting and washes. You really made him look great. Congrats on a great build. Now back to my Invisible Man.

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
I was trying to reply to the thread but with the size of your pics...everything was pushed to the right of my screen and I had to scroll to find the area!

Great job on this kit!
I love the extra details too on the buildings and the paintjob is SUPERB!:thumbsup:

MMM

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks to all that responded for the kind comments. Aurora kits are not the best representations of our beloved monsters but if enough passion and attention is applied one can easily overview the flaws.

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
As always, your work is excellent! One of the best Godzilla build ups I've seen!!! Really like the added flame bursts and smoke! - Denis

1 - 19 of 19 Posts