Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the compliments The-Nightsky.I do most of my model building a little during the week and then full time building on Sunday :)

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
I'm green with envy! :tongue: People who build as well and as fast as you do should be taken out to dry!

NICE WORK!

I can't wait for Nosferatu!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'll be so glad when next week is over. After finals, I can get back to working on my models again. Not sure going back to college for another degree at 40 was such a good idea. :freak:

BTW, great job on the monster. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Fluke,Rick,Ravenauthor,spocks beard Thanks for the compliments and Spocks beard it was all done by hand no airbrush and the paints that were used are all acrylic paints the brands delta Cermcoat and AppleBarrel paints wich you can pickup at walmart or Michaels craft store.I do use tamiya paints but its mainly for my vinly kits sometimes my Auroras but depends on what subject is being worked on at the time.I did use testors modelmaster acrylics,But there way to fast at drying specially on brushes so went with the other brands that is mention here cause it works out alot better in my opion painting up kits.

·
Premium Member
6,018 Posts
Wolfie,

A fine job on a - *tsit* ack - classic kit...I can never look at enough of them, nor anything you've built. In all honesty, I think the shade of green you chose is a little saturated for Frankenstein's flesh (unless that has to do with the photography). But you sure applied it well; makes me want to rethink my stand on craft paints.

Mark McG. *pop!* ouch

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Mark McGovern said:
In all honesty, I think the shade of green you chose is a little saturated for Frankenstein's flesh (unless that has to do with the photography).
Mark McG. *pop!* ouch
Altho I hear what you're saying I do love the green as a nostalgic reminder of the way it was done during the 60s "Monster Craze". Thanks for brightening my day with your awesome kit, Wolfie.

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
Looks real good from here. Wish I had as much time as you to build kits. I like the faded look. You did a nice job with this!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mark,Duck Fink,gruffydd Thanks for the compliments and Mark heres a pic of whats next to get builtup thats on my bench :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Cool work Wolfie! Can we please see a tighter, brighter shot of the the base and headstone?

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
wolfman66 said:
Mark,Duck Fink,gruffydd Thanks for the compliments and Mark heres a pic of whats next to get builtup thats on my bench :) :thumbsup:
You found one? Wow! Can't wait to see what you do with this kit!
BTW: Frankie turned out GREAT...as usual!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MonsterModelMan said:
You found one? Wow! Can't wait to see what you do with this kit!
BTW: Frankie turned out GREAT...as usual!
Thanks Bob for the compliments on Franky and ya found this one mib in the box and got one more just like it that getting restored plus two other gladiators that have the tridents :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts