Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! I sculpted and cast another headless bust for leftover Aurora kit heads. The body is a comepletely resculpted Flivver body. I had a couple friends who wanted a build up and since I have limited heads I took the flivver head and redid it before casting it. I think it looks sorta like a cross between Chaney and Strange. This is my first posting using photobucket; Geocities is shutting down shortly. As always questions and comments welcomed.

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Rick,

Interesting choice for a base...like he is coming up out of water?
I think it looks GREAT! The head looks terrific!

MMMM

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the kind words Bob! Yep he's rising out of the swamp or maybe the pool under the mill. I might paint one up to look like a pool of quicksand.
This one went to a friend for a birthday present and she was very happy with it.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
He looks really ticked. Probably not a good time to ask for spare change or directions.

On the serious side, I really like the color scheme and that base you put together. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! I think it's quicksand but yeah he sinks taking Karloff with him. Someone made a kit of that scene a few years ago.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Now to me, That's what the Frankensteins' Monster skin tone should look like:thumbsup:...What did you use to sculpt him with? I think this is great!
Mcdee

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Mcdee! The base was sculpted with Aves over a piece of balsa foam. I also used Aves to resculpt the Flivver body and modify the head.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Are you going to make this available to purchase? I have quite a few of your other bases I got at Wonderfest and Kitbuilders shows - they are all well sculpted and very cleanly cast.
Thanks!!
Steve

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys for all the great feedback! Harry any chance you'll have actually have a kit built by then? :lol: Thanks for your support Steve! Yes I do plan on making it available for purchase.

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
Cool idea, Rick - most of my spares are sitting in the Spare Parts Box, waiting for new life to come. If you replaced the grass with stones, the Monster could either be rising out of the mill pond, or sinking into the sulphur pit. But as is, your idea has the saving grace of being original.

Mark McG.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Mark! Changing grass to stone; sounds like a job for AVES! Not a bad idea for customizing one, add that to the list of projects.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts