Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The thread about Aurora factory pics got me curious so I looked it up on google Earth. Currently there is only a parking lot. But if you use the timeline feature you can go (magically!) back in time to 1994 when the factory building was still there. But when you get to the Nov 11, 2006 map, you'll see that the building has just been razed, and it looks like a construction site. As you drag closer to present day you'll see the new building and parking lot occupy the space where so many of our treasures came from.
The factory address was:
44 Cherry Valley Road, West Hempstead, NY

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Chris can you please explain the 'Time line feature' ???
Thanks
Denis

·
Oxidation Genius
31,279 Posts
Down in the lower left of the screen you'll see a date. Clicking it will change the aerial pictures to various older ones.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Thanks John...I never knew I had this feature...being in construction I can check out old Jobsites before and after:thumbsup:
Thanks for posting this Chris:thumbsup:
Denis

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Mark...No problem...

I'll lend you this and give you $20.00...

Would you mind picking up all the Aurora Monster models for me
while you're there?
...ONE MORE FAVOR....When you come back ....could you make it LAST WEEK?....(I love surprises :))
:p
Mcdee..........Where did my time machine go? Maybe Marks already gone???

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
....Of course....I mean, what harm could you possibly do???
...slip on a red dress and set up Dillinger?...(can't believe he never got caught...)....or start a Cival War??...(like that would ever happen in the States!)...Thats just foolishness:p:p

...oh grab some glue while you're at it please...at a dime a tube for the good stuff...grab a few:thumbsup:
Thanks
Mcdee

·
Registered
219 Posts
You guys r funny

:hat Often thought about that myself (going back in time to buy a lot of these kits with a mere $50). Often wonder with the value of the dollar today,would you say we're paying more for these kits or about breaking even (inflationwise). I'd almost say a bit more:freak: Certainly glad they're available today regardless. I remember the 80s were a weak period,but with the rebirth of Aurora through Polar lights and later Moebius,Atlantis,Round 2 etc,along with even new sculps, it has'nt been too bad. But stopping at the local Dept store for a kit with one or two aisles filled was a bit easier. But in those days I could'nt drive,let alone have a job lol :wave:

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
...Often wonder with the value of the dollar today,would you say we're paying more for these kits or about breaking even (inflationwise).
KINGZ',

For myself, I think kit prices are pretty much in line with inflation. For example, when I first purchased Aurora's 1/8 scale Frankenstein in the early sixties, it went for 98 cents (BTW - anybody know what happened to the cents sign?) and my original issue Big Franky was $4.98. Now they both cost about five times as much, not counting eBay prices.

On the other hand, the 15 cents that bought you a square bottle of Testors paint or a comic book back then isn't a tenth of the prices these items command today; maybe models are beating inflation...?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts