Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok you guys are pretty good at this. Do I have them all or am I missing something? (Besides chassis's wise guys!) :tongue:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Dammit Plymouth! Every time you post up one of these I start hunting bodies! Only got the one on the far right myself but I've seen the others and I am tempted. Does seem like a great racing body! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the insight Doba. Yeah I know. I have to make some goop. I don't usually leave the chassis's on my cars, because I don't have enough of them. I guess you could say I'm a body Hoarder. Wait. That doesn't sound right. Body Aficionado? Nope. Hmmm Body Collector? No that doesn't sound good either. Lets just say I keep that chassis on that car because they came together. The wheels are a vintage aftermarket item. They are chrome. I just want to keep them together. Besides I was in a hurry and didn't have time to dig up extra chassis's. Sheesh you didn't say anything on my firebird and semi truck posts.... :tongue:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Ok you guys are pretty good at this. Do I have them all or am I missing something? (Besides chassis's wise guys!) :tongue:

Assuming the third and sixth cars are set up w/ a light bar, your missing a baby bue/pink (yes pink, beleived to be early singapore paint color error, but I've had a couple and have seen others in collections), there was a MIB all baby blue but w/ out the bowties and NO numbers on the bay a couple of years ago. And you can't forget the black fade "Arrow" stripe....think '57 nomad and the stretch wheelbase Cuda combined stripes. I have seen Gold, Maroon and Green as a base color....there may be more.

And don't forget the JL paint schemes.......if your so inclined.

-------------------------
www.SlotCarJohnnies.com

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I try not to lump in the Auto World pieces with AFX. I thought the Black fade Arrow stripe was a Prototype only.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I try not to lump in the Auto World pieces with AFX. I thought the Black fade Arrow stripe was a Prototype only.

Wasn't sure if you were looking for different colors to race or to collect.......as for the "Black fade Arrow stripe" I have not seen one in the box/blister, but there seems to be a few more of them around then the standard prototype or paint test model.

www.SlotCarJohnnies.com

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I wonder if they are clones... Wouldn't be hard for someone good with an airbrush...

All that I have seen I would authenticate as legit vintage for many different reasons......pait is factory tampo consistant, I obtained one from a former employee, All that I have inspected/owned never had glass melted in, but did have the rear bumper!?! I'm thinking premium, maybe for "factory" racers? I have other bodies that were manufactured specific for factory racers.....but it's just my (un)edjucated guess.

www.SlotCarJohnnies.com

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I had a blue with clear windows, and a blue that had the two posts that hold the chassis up that were hollow.... someone here got them, maybe a post will pop up. Actually if someone here wanted they could make a really decent post on them!

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Pretty sure I have all the ones in your pic, and no others.

--rick

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Digging the Firebird! I always thought it would be a good idea to resin-cast Firebird noses like that, either to convert Camaros, or to convert Tyco Trans Ams to early- or mid-'70s models...

--rick

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You mean the one with the Nose Job performed by my son when he drove it full tilt into the CD tower? Yeah, Thats my favourite too. (snapped the front end off, epoxied it back on).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts