Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Following up on my post months ago....I finally got around to finishing the Porsche Carrera modification to the AFX Speed Steer chassis. I purchased this body off of e-bay for under $4.00, including shipping. The paint was worn and it was missing two window posts, so I knew it was going to need some work. I had been told that it would fit the Speed Steer chassis - well, it didn't. This body was meant for a shorter chassis.

Since it was already damaged, I didn't feel so bad hacking this beautiful car. The first thing I did was to move the wheel wells forward and put new styrene plastic in it's place (see photo). After much trial and error with glues (and frustration), I finally melted the plastic together with my wood burner, which allowed for the body to flex when the chassis is removed/put back on.

The next thing I did was to rebuild the window posts, which is pretty straight forward. After that, came the paint, then the decals, which Slot Car Dan created for me. The car handles great and makes a nice addition to the fleet.

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
You put some time into this...Cool Car!!

jim,

Great job making this Porsche do what you wanted it to do and you painted and decaled it up as well....NICE JOB!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bob...Loves to see slice and dice work...zilla

1 - 5 of 5 Posts