Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a two week restore and seam filling on this oldie he's finally done .The only problems that occured while painting him up was the black lines on the belt and the emblem.But after a couple trys in getting it right very satified with the way it turned out.So let me know what ya think?

[/IMG]

·
Registered
948 Posts
Very nice Wolfman! The one thing that always bugged about this kit is the woods setting. He is Batman he should be on the top of a building or on a street corner.

·
Starship Class
11,936 Posts
Your colors look great! The contrast and levels are really nice! Belt looks good, too!

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Steven Coffey said:
Very nice Wolfman! The one thing that always bugged about this kit is the woods setting. He is Batman he should be on the top of a building or on a street corner.
Not to mention the owl's equilibrium. Not one of Aurora's finest moments but a true classic nonetheless.* Essential to any serious Aurora collection. Nice job Wolfman!

*Somebody was working on an Infantino-style replecement head a few years ago but I don't think it ever came to fruition.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Interesting that the Aurora factory paints of this kit left the round "moon" on the chest insignia grey - even though it's a raised detail.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Steven Coffey,Duck fink,PerfesserCoffee,Zorro,Rich,Randy,Mark,Dabbler,Ataylor Thanks guys for the compliments :) .Steven Coffey definitly agree with ya on the base part Aurora should have given him a building scne or or something than just swinging on the tree.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Zorro said:
Interesting that the Aurora factory paints of this kit left the round "moon" on the chest insignia grey - even though it's a raised detail.
They did the same to superboy's shorts left it blue, remember these were rushed, the nicest factory built up I have seen so far is dracula's dragster, lots of stencil painting on that one.
Buzz

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the compliments normlbd :) .I hear ya on kits getting blown up must have done that to alot of my Aurora's back in the 70's with M-80's and Blockbusters.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts