Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I achieved the look that I wanted, 1960's retro instruction look, what do you think? this was fun.

Next Project The Roman Gladiator w/Trident and lion as promised.
Randy

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Looks very nice. I was wondering from the top pics if you did him in black and white. It would go well with the movie that way. I have one in work (actually has been in work for ages) that I need to finish up. Hope mine ends up half as nice. But I also am doing one of the new Moebius Frankensteins as well. Definitely a big quality and accuracy difference but these Aurora kits started it all and are still great. I have the entire bunch (aka Polar Lights) set aside for my impending retirement.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Another great looking paint job Randy! :thumbsup: You really caught the instruction sheet look for the kit.

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
Love the retro work on this and Gigantic Frankie, Randy! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Looks Great Randy...The Kit that started it all never looked any better:thumbsup:
Mcdee

·
Registered
434 Posts
Wow,that is a great idea and execution. I have saved those pics for future reference,and your photography is excellent! BTW,what skin color is that? Straight out of a bottle,or custom mix? I am always amazed by your work. Outstanding!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow,that is a great idea and execution. I have saved those pics for future reference,and your photography is excellent! BTW,what skin color is that? Straight out of a bottle,or custom mix? I am always amazed by your work. Outstanding!!!:thumbsup:
Thanks, the skin color very simple, Tamiya flesh mixed with Tamiya white sprayed through an iwata HPB airbrush, mixed with Tamiya thinner,color was left over color from Gigantic Frankenstein project.
Randy

Thanks again all for the great reviews.
Randy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts