Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1956 Ford Pickup, 1:64 Ground Pounder from M2 - the very first Ground Pounder I have ever purchased as I normally don't really care for them. But I did find this one particularly attractive. I was surprised to find it doesn't have opening doors, probably another reason why, as a group, they won't be particularly collectible for me.

1957 Chevrolet BelAir, 1:64 Auto-Thentics from M2

1931 Stutz Bearcat, "1:43" Models of Yesteryear from Matchbox

Chevrolet Chevelle from Hot Wheels

1930 Model A Ford (High Roof) Atlas Tires, Made by Lledo from England #LP056, I am assuming it is 1:64 scale. I knew nothing about this company but, from what I could find, it apparently became well known for its Promotional models. The base says "Made by Lledo PLC Exclusively for Chevron" (with the Chevron Logo below) and below that the word "Re-issue".

Talledega Ford from Hot Wheels

Jetson Bus from Hot Wheels

Motorcycle from Hot Wheels

·
Registered
308 Posts
What's the 3rd one down? - The green and cream Roadster; as to representative marque, scale size and manufacturer? Don't believe I have seen this previously 9?)
In fact, it would be very beneficial to me if you IDd all the pix as to toy manufacturer.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's the 3rd one down? - The green and cream Roadster; as to representative marque, scale size and manufacturer? Don't believe I have seen this previously 9?)
In fact, it would be very beneficial to me if you IDd all the pix as to toy manufacturer.
The green and cream Roadster is a 1931 Stutz Bearcat from Matchbox's Models of Yesteryear line. This particular one appears to have been released in 1981, as near as I've been able to find. I think it is supposed to be 1:43 scale although it is a little large.

I have gone back and labeled the cars as you suggested. I believe that is also a good suggestion for the future as I also find myself wishing it had been done when it is absent.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
I like that Lledo. I see them on ebay and I was always tempted to get one. They seem to have a nice selection of vehicles from the 30's. That one looks sharp:thumbsup:

·
Registered
520 Posts
1930 Model A Ford (High Roof) Atlas Tires, Made by Lledo from England #LP056, I am assuming it is 1:64 scale. I knew nothing about this company but, from what I could find, it apparently became well known for its Promotional models. The base says "Made by Lledo PLC Exclusively for Chevron" (with the Chevron Logo below) and below that the word "Re-issue".
Lledo made alot of different promos for Chevron, looks like 30 trucks total - check this link out!

http://whitemetal.com/ppro/ttfeb99/lledo/index.htm

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
The green and cream Roadster is a 1931 Stutz Bearcat from Matchbox's Models of Yesteryear line. I think it is supposed to be 1:43 scale although it is a little large.
The actual scale should be noted on the base. Yesteryears (cars, anyway) tended to run "1:43-ish," the two I have being 1:42 and 1:50.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lledo made alot of different promos for Chevron, looks like 30 trucks total - check this link out!

http://whitemetal.com/ppro/ttfeb99/lledo/index.htm
Hey, thanks for the link, I now know this was released in 1990 as a promotion for Standard Oil. Looks like I got a good deal, too. It was the most expensive item on that link and I didn't pay near that amount for what is a very nicely done model.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The actual scale should be noted on the base. Yesteryears (cars, anyway) tended to run "1:43-ish," the two I have being 1:42 and 1:50.
I looked on the base before posting and didn't see any scale indicated. I will look again in case I missed it. I also have a Mercedes from that line, it too is significantly larger than 1:43. From what I gathered from others, it is hard to determine the actual scale used, but 1:43 seems closest, at least, from what I remember. Any further information in this regard would be happily appreciated.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Walmart must be getting ready for resetting for the holidays. They had a lot of diecast, across all brands, on clearance today. Wish I'd had more money.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And another 1:32 arrived today

1949 Cadillac Series 62 2 Door Hardtop with opening Hood, Trunk, Doors and steerable wheels.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts