Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know as of late linking to a certain auction site has been testing in many ways. Here is a method I have found that works well for linking.

Step 1: Looking at the list of auctions, right click on the auction you would like to share a link to. Select 'Copy Shortcut'.

Step 2: Open the message window that you would like to insert the link into and paste from the clipboard. Voila!!! This link will actually go to the item and not come up invalid. I don't know why tings have been testy as of late, but this is a way to get it to work. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
to do a screen capture, press the 'prt scrn' (print screen) button on your keyboard, should be a little to the right of your funstion keys, above your arrow keys. This will copy the desktop, then go into a picture editing program, such as paint, and paste from the clipboard. Whatever was on your screen when you pressed the print screen button will then be the image in the picture program. Then save, and your ready to do whatever you need to with it.

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Here's another tip, when you cut and paste the link the old fashioned way, sometimes the last two digits will drop off of the auction number on the clickable portion of the link, but not on the display portion of the link. So after you post the link on HT, go in and edit and replace the last two digits of the auction number on the clickable portion and it will work. I've fixed many of them this way here.

·
Registered
12,344 Posts

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the clipboard is where something goes when you 'copy'...

I should have just said paste, rather than paste from the clipboard, sorry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts