Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to run to Warwick, R.I. on Saturday, so I figured I'd hit the TRU (nothing), Walmart (nothing). Oh well, while I'm here, may as well mosey into Sears and check the boy's department T-Shirts. Maybe they'll have something.
Lightning strikes !!!!....

And...

Now, the shirts were tagged at $14.00 each, so I hesitated. A lot. I mean, that's a lot to pay for a white with holes in the card. The Camaro card has a bent corner too. But, eh. Why not. I can always return 'em. Now, I don't know if the cashier made a mistake or not, because I watched as she scanned the card on the cars and not the shirt, and each one came up $3.99 and she totaled it up at $8.54. I already had a 20 and a 10 out of my wallet, ready. Stuffed the 20 back in quick. I didn't see a sale tag on the shirts or anywhere around them, but after wishing her a lovely evening, I walked outta there with a smile on my face!

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FastC6Vette said:
Nice finds, I saw 5 cars at my local store and no white lightnings. Interested in trading the Olds?
I've already heard from someone interested in them. Like I told him, I'm not sure if I want to trade these 2, I kinda like 'em. But if the offer was attractive enough....

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Congrats on the finds! Still trying to snag the Camaro and Mustang myself. It's a series with many great looking cars. Anytime you are considering whether or not to spend $14 on a shirt if it's a Camaro, Mustang, 442, Superbee or Buick GN I'm sure you'd find a people lining up to pay that for the WLs. (behind me of course!) :wave:

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I'm still waiting to hear what you were doing in RI? :lol:

Funny thing is, I took my son to a restaurant down the street from there yesterday (Sunday), and thought about hitting that Sears before eating, but didn't. Glad I didn't 'cause I would have been disapointed.
So I guess I should say thank you Rob? :lol:

I hit the WM and TRU Friday night - Nothing!

Congrats on the finds.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MudSlinger said:
Cool finds, you gonna fit in the shirts? :p
Nope. Anybody here wear a size medium boy's T shirt? You into the teenage mutant ninja turtles? Send me your address.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dadvball said:
I'm still waiting to hear what you were doing in RI? :lol:
QUOTE]

Picking up the winning Powerball ticket.
And thanks for the congrats, everyone. I've had some very interesting offers on these 2.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Well nyswlhunter,you always got the dollar trees,my dollar tree doesn't even have anything worth a dollar,and the sears manager of the children clothes department takes all the whites anyway.WINEWINEWINE

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
That's it ..... that's hittin' too close to home!!!! You rat fink no good sunnova...... I'm callin' the Governer, the State Police, The Militia, the State Supreme Court ..... I'll call whoever I gotta call to get a restraining order to keep you from crossing into Lil' Rhody ever again!!!!!!! There's gotta be a line drawn, and I'm the guy with just the pencil!!!!!!!

Seriously though Rob, some really great scores! And thanks for that other heads-up, I'll keep it im mind (I'm in the area Sat. for a haircut anyway ;) )

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
carnut2256 said:
That's it ..... that's hittin' too close to home!!!! You rat fink no good sunnova...... I'm callin' the Governer, the State Police, The Militia, the State Supreme Court ..... I'll call whoever I gotta call to get a restraining order to keep you from crossing into Lil' Rhody ever again!!!!!!! There's gotta be a line drawn, and I'm the guy with just the pencil!!!!!!!

Seriously though Rob, some really great scores! And thanks for that other heads-up, I'll keep it im mind (I'm in the area Sat. for a haircut anyway ;) )
From what I hear, you ain't got no lead in your pencil anyway, so I ain't askeered.
A hair what???

:tongue:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts