Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
What's with both the 442 and Chevelle in red? Boring. They could have differentiated the colors better. Nice group otherwise. I notice the 442 has a '71/72 W30 hood, though it's labeled as a '70. (the '70 hood doesn't have the raised trim above the grilles).
>

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
The mustang is so pretty. I wish the shaker was done better (hint hint...look at JL's)

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
What's with both the 442 and Chevelle in red? Boring. They could have differentiated the colors better. Nice group otherwise. I notice the 442 has a '71/72 W30 hood, though it's labeled as a '70. (the '70 hood doesn't have the raised trim above the grilles).
>
All 70 442 hoods (Standard & W30 models), as well as all the Cutlass models, had the piece that splits the grilles attached to the hood, NOT affixed between the grilles like the 71-72. Any 1970 owner taller than 5'6" can attest to that!! There WAS a reason it was changed for 71-72!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
It would be nice if someone could finally produce in 1:64 some muscle cars that either have never been issued or so poorly done that they have not been done justice.

I remember a few year ago JL was supposed to bring out a '68 Dodge Super Bee, but it didn't happen...the first year for the Super Bee package and still waiting for that casting, JLs '71 Dodge Demon would need to be recasted either JL or GL could give it a new start.

There are so many castings that need to be produced, I'll wait for something new to come out.

·
Registered
896 Posts
All 70 442 hoods (Standard & W30 models), as well as all the Cutlass models, had the piece that splits the grilles attached to the hood, NOT affixed between the grilles like the 71-72. Any 1970 owner taller than 5'6" can attest to that!! There WAS a reason it was changed for 71-72!!
Yes, the tooth was attached to the hood in '70. Also, as I mentioned, the area above the grilles was straight across on the '70, notched above the grilles in '71/72. I don't think GL has done a correct '70 hood on any of their '70 Cutlasses.

Similarly but much larger, the grille is attached to the hood on my old Mercedes, I've whacked my head on it a few times w/ the hood open.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts