Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cautiously Optimistic
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don’t know how many of you there are out there, but in celebration of the pending DVD release the American Cinematheque is hosting a screening of “F.P.” on Nov. 8 at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood. Several of the original cast and crewmembers are expected to attend, including, no doubt, a certain well-known robot.

http://www.americancinematheque.com/pressreleases/2000/decemberlongleads.htm

This will be a big deal within the local sci-fi community, and tickets will go fast. Hope to see some of you there.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I saw an excellent print at Wonderfest in Louisville a couple of years ago. One of my all time favorite movies. I've seen it on TV dozens of times but that didn't prepare me for how it looks on the big screen. Stunning!

And Anne Francis is unbearably beautiful as Altaira. The big screen shows off her performance in a way TV never could. They just don't make movie stars like her anymore. Her character's frank, piercing gaze; incredible beauty and utter social naiveté combine to make her irresistible. Only a fraction of the sexual tension between her character and Leslie Nielsen comes through on the small screen.

If you live in the area, go see this movie!

M.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts