Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This letter is to Tom more than anybody. So make sure he reads this! No reply necessary.
Tom,
I have an idea about the white thunder situation. Add to the market of white thunders for series like BTTF, Dukes, etc. Use the same cars just get more out there of each WT. That way those of us that couldn't afford to buy the ones removed from the cases will have a chance at them.
Thanks,
fordcowboy

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Start with the Dukes of Hazard set. Remake 500 more of the white thunder versions.
The reason: So the scalpers won't make a profit on it. And we could buy direct from Tom Lowe and get the cars we need.
I have almost every car that's been made to present day. That's a lot of boxes. And money according to my wife.
--fordcowboy

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Your plan would screw everyone that has already collected them. There are more collectors than scalpers.

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's the difference in that and him selling the ihobby cars to the members then people turning around & selling them on ebay for a high dollar amount. I paid dearly for mine. Would you mind buying white thunders (from the Dukes of Hazard series to date) at $20.00 a piece? Today the Auto World white thunders are selling at an average of $56.00 each.
I hope I explained this well enough.
--fordcowboy

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
22tall said:
Your plan would screw everyone that has already collected them. There are more collectors than scalpers.
How would this screw the collectors that already have them. Would their cars disentigrate if this happened. I have many of the earlier releases that I paid dearly for and now they are selling for $15 to $25 a piece. Mine are still just as good as they were befor they started selling for less.

Are the collectors you are talking about just long term scalpers?

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
micyou03-I too have paid a small fortune to get the whites. Releasing more would devalue the existing ones even more. As you pointed out many are going for much less than when they were originally selling for on e bay. You always pay more for being impatient. Would you be happier if they went down to $10 after you got yours? I am basically against re-releasing whites.

After all they are limited edition cars.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Making and selling full sets of the WLs for the current release (release 1) is what I would like to see done. As I posted elsewehere, with a total of 24 WLs in release 1 between the T-Jets and XTs, collecting them all becomes either impossible or an obsession which will cost you thousands of dollars.
I'm sure lots of collectors who have purchased the full array of JL/AW cars over the past 5-7 years got shut out of getting the whites for release 1. It's not the end of the world, but it is a poor way to treat loyal customers.
And I do not blame anyone for getting top dollar for the release 1 whites. If you had to buy dozens of cars just to find one or two, you'd need to get top dollar also.

Joe

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I can enjoy my whites just as much whether someone else is buying them for $5 or $500. I doesn't change how mine look or feel. If I could sell mine for $30 each I would in a heartbeat. I enjoyed getting them for the best price I could at the time. I like the hunt, then once I own something I wanted I don't want it anymore. So now my whites are sitting in a dark cool dry place in a box so I'm not really enjoying them at all. I'm just having them. So the price isn't going to change that. I really thought I wanted them. At one time I was going to sell all my regular releases and run only my whites, but I realized they don't look as nice as the regular issues. OK, I guess I really don't want more released as I would like to get rid of what I have without giving them away.

Those blue first laps look good now!!!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Heh...never saw the attraction myself.... but there are tons of originals I'd live to have, but since I started racing....I have directed funds to from the museum...to the race team... :thumbsup:

along with the new cars...doing re-pops allows me to get ahold of cars I couldnt afford otherwise... :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts