Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a warning to all of us..i had the chance to stay in my house as a category 2 huricane went over the house. frances is going to be a beast compared to charley. if this thing is predicted to come your way..DO NOT THROW ANY STUPID PARTIES..DO NOT THINK YOUR LT. DAN IN FOREST GUMP AND FLASH YOUR FISTS IN THE AIR AT THE HURICANE. you will not survive to read any more of my stupid posts! these things are alot more damaging than you can imagine. if it hits our coast with 150 mph winds and you didn't leave your house may god have mercy on you..this is no joke...leave town..go to the other coast..as of tonight it doesn't look good for the east coast of florida..this thread by friday could become the last post you read in awhile fo rmany of us..or it could do what 100's of canes have done and go out to sea? let's all keep an eye on this thing and pray it goes away..central florida just doesn't need another cane right now, if ever!

to give you some idea of what has happened since charley..rich (cneyedog) has just had the insurance adjuster out to his house..he left without a check in hand...the roofing people are coming by this tuesday to look at the roof..after the estimate..it will be 6 weeks before they start any work! so rich still has tarps on 35% of his roof! the damage to my house has not been repaired either..there just isn't enough repair people to do the work they have down here. and we didn't live through a monster like francis is shaping up to be...please by friday we will all know alot more...do not play with huricanes..

i think i have posted maybe 3 serious posts in over 5 years on the net...this one is no joke.. stay safe bill

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Nice! The bad thing is that this was close to the same track that Tim (WTLV weather dude) & the Nat'l Hurricane Center said both Bonnie and Charley was gonna take-right through Jax! I do hope it's another near miss,but prepare now just in case both Tim & the Hurricane Center is actually right for once!

BTW,I have seen the destructive power of hurricanes,as I drove a truck for the furniture co. I worked for in 1992. Delivered hurricane relief supplies to Miami after Andrew. You know it's deadly serious when you see pieces of metal from homes skewered through palm trees!
-George

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is not good news! please keep and eye on this...

·
Banned
550 Posts
Bill is right!
For those of you who would like to know more here are some websites to track this.
www.intellicast.com
www.wunderground.com
www.noaa.com
and of course www.weather.com
take you pick, none of them show any thing promising.
on wunderground.com they show the last 5 models that was ran around 5pm EST.
the NOAA site has a discussion or a forecast of the predicted path.

Keeping my eye on this!
Henry

·
1,084 Posts
irvan36mm said:
Nice! The bad thing is that this was close to the same track that Tim (WTLV weather dude) & the Nat'l Hurricane Center said both Bonnie and Charley was gonna take-right through Jax! I do hope it's another near miss,but prepare now just in case both Tim & the Hurricane Center is actually right for once!

BTW,I have seen the destructive power of hurricanes,as I drove a truck for the furniture co. I worked for in 1992. Delivered hurricane relief supplies to Miami after Andrew. You know it's deadly serious when you see pieces of metal from homes skewered through palm trees!
-George
Hopefully it take the more northeren route that Bertha and Floyd took before. Sorry North Carolinians.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Boy's this is One Mean Monster. Looks to hit Orlando again.

Everyone's going to be rushing to the west coast to get away from this one. If your going to leave you'd better do it soon.
I4 is still a mess from the last time.

Good luck and Be Safe. There will be another day of racing.

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
Katf1sh/cneyedog.... Man! Hang tough, guys... We have our tornados here in the midwest (Missouri), but the scope of damage doesn't cover as large an area, so help is usually close by and more "available" for making repairs...

I sure hope you folks recover without too much additional damage, and I SURE hope people are smart enough to run for their lives... Even having experienced the raw power of a tornado, I cannot even imagine the scope and power of these hurricanes you are facing...

Take care, and God Bless...

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cneyedog doesn't have much of a roof on his house as is...now this!!!! i'm going to board up the windows tom night and head out of town ...i'm sure rich and the rest of us will all do the same thing. it's just not right..2 in 3 weeks! everyone please if asked to evacuate please do so..i'm telling you it's no fun and you cant do a damn thing at your house when it goes over...might as well go somewhere safe....

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Oh Noooooo!

Well todays forecast has'nt changed much. We here in north Fl. are being told to brace for this one because even if it misses us by 150 miles we'll still get hit pretty bad. Hurricanes coming in from the sea on the east coast seem to carry more tidal action meaning more high water than those off the gulf and they got nailed really bad. I've lived in the Jacksonville area my whole life(43 years)and seen close calls, This one worries me. Hang on tight everybody!

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thank you all.......i wont be posting after tonight..unless i have access at my shelter...this is not going to be fun at all......

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
katf1sh said:
thank you all.......i wont be posting after tonight..unless i have access at my shelter...this is not going to be fun at all......
Stay safe,Fish! Tell Rich,Ronnie & the rest to do the same!
-George

1 - 20 of 21 Posts