Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THIS HAS TO STOP!

you buy the car then steal the wheels then put the drilled out car back in the blister re-glue and get your 3 bucks back. This is beyond wrong sure you put the correct car back but with 5sp wheels. Come on this a slap in a face to both collecting and customizers segments of the hobby.

this was found in a Mesa Walmart located on 240 W. Baseline Rd. So if your the one on here who did this shame on you or if any one knows who did this you need to let the person know this is wrong. It's not just here other sates and cites this has happened and it causes the stores to stop ordering the higher end series due to the returns like this.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I see this often, here in Ohio. Most of these cars sell anyway. I purchased several myself. Some I knew were drilled, and some I didn't. The difference for me, it saves me a little wear and tear on my drill and drill bits. I end up drilling 95% my cars anyway. In this regard, I'm only talking about the drilling. Please understand that I do NOT condone such activity as to wheel theft.

In an over-view, It is up to the individual to inspect an item and decide whether or not to buy a product. I too get disgruntled when I see the higher priced cars with "$1 car" wheels. I do not appreciate the swapping, and thereby, cheating us out of proper rims & tires for particular cars. If they want the parts, they can go to toy shows and garage sales. That's were you can buy up a bunch of cheap parts cars!!!

That's where I get my parts. It's alot easier because the shows have lots of vendors and lots of product. I usually find LOTS of deals on loose cars that have good wheels and tires.

Go to the shows!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Stealing is wrong! Our parents taught us that when we were very young and nothing has changed. Don't do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to your parents or children. Nuff said!

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
It sucks and I have tried to warn some cashiers about it, but unfortunetly it will go on !!!
Wally Worlds is the worst around here !!!

I have almost gotten into a fight or two over that... I wached and caught two clowns doing it in a parking lot at a TRU store awhile back... That's how I earned this !!!

One goof go in and buy, then come out and do the ole "switch a roo" and the other clown take it back... I actually watched them in the back of a SUV !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts