Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have all heard the old adage.."one bad aple,spoils the bunch". Well, as much as it pains me to do this,I feel I owe it to the brotherhood of collectors to be informed!!!! Over a week ago I made a trading deal with "GoFastRacing"
Real name Thomas Barth of Howe, Indiana. He claims to be collecting Nascar diecast now, and amoung the deal I was getting a gift for my sons birthday(which was this last fri 6Th). I sent over 2500.00 worth of diecast cars of every scale to him and yet to this date April 9th 2007 I still have not gotten one thing in return from GofastRacing. I spoke with him a number of times on messenger and he claimed to have sent the package out...yet day after day he fails to come up with a tracking number for it. Then he said he came back 'cause he failed to place my town,and zip code and he would have it over nite delivered. Yet still NOTHING CAME!!My son's birthday,and the weekend followed,has come and gone and those of you with kids can relate, how bad I felt not to have the presant for him I so planned on! He' said its ok, but I know he was looking forward to a gift and the surprise I have ben telling him about..only to be let down.
Tom had said he has gotten my package ect, yet nothing has come from his end. I am on a limited income as a Veteran with a disability, and this guy takes advantage of my trust, and our forum for his own personal gain.
Now I understand, sometimes things come up,problems arise,and so on...but as far as I am concerned, if you have the time to be online every day or nite during those problems, you have enough time to send a simple email, or IM with a tracking number, UNLESS...of course your trying to blow the guy off without paying.
My advice to my diecast brothers, sisters,and such,AVOID DOING BUSSINESS WITH THIS GUY!!!!
I truely felt he was sincere and honest, and now I'm out some damn good money-making diecast.
If he finally makes good and send the stuff promised I'll inform everyone as best I can.I really hate doing this, but its the first step,other then sending some 'friends" looking for him,to kick his butt and get my stuff back.
So.. be informed,always check on who your dealing with,and lets keep HT a place where "friends" and enthusiest can chat,post ,and deal in good faith!!!
Here is his profile page.....
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/membe...poster&t=181058

Thanks for hearing me out and God Speed!!!!
GreyWolf

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
notify his local police department or FBI office as internet fraud is a federal offense if you got all your emails and recipts faX them to his local pd or FBI office should be enough evidence

just so happens a guy who screwed me for 100$ one time i sent him a money order via priority mail he said he never got it well he ended up living 30 min from my uncles brother in ohio who was cheif of police and i sent them recipts and they ended up getting a video of him cashing it at a bank and since he had me send to his buisness address when they busted him they seized his buisness.

however theres ben about 3 times ive ben screwed and nothing happened

wish you luck though hope you get your stuff back

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info..I'll keep that in mind. I'll give him another day or so, just because with easter in the mix ya never know how UPS or the mail service can get. If you have any idea of a "time limit" frame please let me know.
Thanks again.
GW

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I came very close to working a deal with him on a couple of 1/24 Action Tony Stewart cars (one VHTF) that I had autographed by Tony. I'm not implying that he's a bad trader, just hate to hear of these things happening. I hope everything works out for you very soon. Best wishes to you and your son.

·
Registered
721 Posts
not the Barth brothers again up to their old crap.............they ripped off other people of their R/C equipment and claim they didn't.so everyone just file a POLICE report or call the FBI on them.........if you refer to dirtoval.com.............................they ripped alot of people off there too..................so never deal with them........

Joe(Smalblok355)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
tHANKS..This is why I felt people should know about this on here!!!! Wish someone would have posted a simular thing before I got scewed!!!!!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
GreyWolf61 said:
tHANKS..This is why I felt people should know about this on here!!!! Wish someone would have posted a simular thing before I got scewed!!!!!
i've been known to stir the pot for reasons such as this. i have exposed a few POS members on this board. the posts certainly have gotten ugly but i sleep better at night knowing that i let other members know what type of people these guys are so i could save them the grief of dealing with them. it seems like everyone keeps quiet and sweeps their bad dealings under the rug because they are afraid that they will look bad for saying anything negative about another board member especially one who is well known and liked. i feel more people need to speak up and let other members know of these type of things even for ebay dealings or dealings on another board as it seems most of us visit the other boards as well. i know for fact there are a few members that got screwed here by other board members (some on other boards) and they never made a post concerning their unfortunate dealings. why they didn't is beyond me. :confused:

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
vw-wl-collector said:
just so happens a guy who screwed me for 100$ one time i sent him a money order via priority mail he said he never got it well he ended up living 30 min from my uncles brother in ohio who was cheif of police and i sent them recipts and they ended up getting a video of him cashing it at a bank and since he had me send to his buisness address when they busted him they seized his buisness.
Does that make him your father? :)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Damn, i sent this kid a bunch of nascar(nothing real valuable), winner,s circle stuff a week or so ago and all i asked him for was my postage back. It really hasn,t been long enough to get (week), the postage $$$ back, but from what i am reading, it don,t look as if i am going to get it back. Good thing i read this, because i was going to send him a bunch more winner,s circle and Racing Champion,s stuff. I WILL keep you informed about this situation!!! Damn, can,t trust anyone any more.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How true..Like I said it only takes one bad seed! He had me snowed all along,saying he'd pay the shipping back,ect ect,now all of a suden I haven't so much as seen him on yahoo since early Fri.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I TOO HAD A TRADE DEAL GOING ON WITH THIS PERSON. TRADING
NASCAR THUNT FOR A WHITE LIGHTNING. I MAILED MY PACKAGE TO THE
ADDRESS HE GAVE ME AND GOT MY PACKAGE BACK A LITTLE OVER A WEEK
LATER AND IT SAID "UNABLE TO FORWARD". I EMAILED HIM AND HE GAVE
ME A SECOND ADDRESS. I THEN ASKED HIM IF HE HAD MAILED MY CAR
AND THAT I HAD NOT PLANNED ON PAYING FOR POSTAGE TWICE. HAVE
HEARD NOTHING FROM HIM SINCE. I KINDA WONDERED ABOUT HIM BUT
DID NOT WANT TO POINT ANY FINGERS. LAYMAN WARE/juniorwheels
[email protected]

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I'm wondering if enough people went to Management of HT we should have a list made up,maybe with a 1-5 scale as to whose good to deal with and whose average and above average. Or maybe a "Do NOT Deal" list so people can check on an idividual before dealing with. Funny how many people are comming out tonite after my posting about the same indivual but when I tried to look up about him I couldn't find anything good bad or indiffrent.Its a damn shame we have to resort to something like that and just not be faithful and honor deals made.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I believe the trader rating is supposed to be a way of helping gauge a members honesty so to speak. The higher the number usually means the safer you should be. I don't think this is a 100% fool proof system but I have found it helps. Reading what the person has for feedback also helps IMHO. True nothing is ever certian but the MODS have got at least something in place to help out the board members. Still sorry to here about your, what is looking like a bad deal. I hope everything works out in the end. Good Luck

Stack

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Tracking Detail | Help
Billing information has been sent to UPS. Check site later for updated shipment status or contact shipper for more details.
Tracking Number: 1Z 744 W19 03 5378 333 2
Type: Package
Shipped or Billed on: 04/10/2007
Service Type: GROUND
Weight: 7.30 Lbs
Tracking results provided by UPS: 04/10/2007 5:40 P.M. EST (USA)

Looks like a UPS tracking number. What about an explanation or apology??????????

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
GoFasterRacing said:
1z744w190353783332
I'm guessing that you felt the tracking number spoke for you, that no other words were necessary? Seems like more than one person is having an issue with you though .....

60sMetal said:
Tracking Detail | Help
Billing information has been sent to UPS. Check site later for updated shipment status or contact shipper for more details.
Tracking Number: 1Z 744 W19 03 5378 333 2
Type: Package
Shipped or Billed on: 04/10/2007
Service Type: GROUND
Weight: 7.30 Lbs
Tracking results provided by UPS: 04/10/2007 5:40 P.M. EST (USA)

Looks like a UPS tracking number. What about an explanation or apology??????????
Let's hope it's not a box of rocks :drunk: :cool:

In all seriousness Tom, an explanation or apology might be in order, don't you think, for people to be willing to have faith again?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts