Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have all heard the old adage.."one bad aple,spoils the bunch". Well, as much as it pains me to do this,I feel I owe it to the brotherhood of collectors to be informed!!!! Over a week ago I made a trading deal with "GoFastRacing"
Real name Thomas Barth of Howe, Indiana. He claims to be collecting Nascar diecast now, and amoung the deal I was getting a gift for my sons birthday(which was this last fri 6Th). I sent over 2500.00 worth of diecast cars of every scale to him and yet to this date April 9th 2007 I still have not gotten one thing in return from GofastRacing. I spoke with him a number of times on messenger and he claimed to have sent the package out...yet day after day he fails to come up with a tracking number for it. Then he said he came back 'cause he failed to place my town,and zip code and he would have it over nite delivered. Yet still NOTHING CAME!!My son's birthday,and the weekend followed,has come and gone and those of you with kids can relate, how bad I felt not to have the presant for him I so planned on! He' said its ok, but I know he was looking forward to a gift and the surprise I have ben telling him about..only to be let down.
Tom had said he has gotten my package ect, yet nothing has come from his end. I am on a limited income as a Veteran with a disability, and this guy takes advantage of my trust, and our forum for his own personal gain.
Now I understand, sometimes things come up,problems arise,and so on...but as far as I am concerned, if you have the time to be online every day or nite during those problems, you have enough time to send a simple email, or IM with a tracking number, UNLESS...of course your trying to blow the guy off without paying.
My advice to my diecast brothers, sisters,and such,AVOID DOING BUSSINESS WITH THIS GUY!!!!
I truely felt he was sincere and honest, and now I'm out some damn good money-making diecast.
If he finally makes good and send the stuff promised I'll inform everyone as best I can.I really hate doing this, but its the first step,other then sending some 'friends" looking for him,to kick his butt and get my stuff back.
So.. be informed,always check on who your dealing with,and lets keep HT a place where "friends" and enthusiest can chat,post ,and deal in good faith!!!
Here is his profile page.....
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/member.php?find=lastposter&t=181058

Thanks for hearing me out and God Speed!!!!
GreyWolf

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Wow. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully he comes through for you. I feel for your son as well.
Keep us posted and good luck.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
No reason for doing things (or not doing things) that way. Hopefully the seller will come through and hold up his end. Too bad for your son too, that's definitely disappointing, even though he understands. You're right though, there's never a reason not to communicate, especially with someone you have traded with, or owe something too.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Grey wolf, I am very sorry to hear he got you.

I was working on a trade with him myself. I asked for pics of his end of the deal, he told me he would send them, not once but three times, and all three times he had a different excuse as to why he had not sent them. I then pmed him, told him if he wanted the cars, he would have to pay me via pay pal, or us postal money order only, and that I no longer trusted him on a trade, because of his list of excuses for not sending me pics. Well I never heard from him again after that.

Again, sorry to see you got taken, but I would not let it go. I would file a fraud claim with the ifcc (internet fraud complaint center) as well as his local authorities. Do let scum get away with this, it really ruins trading for honest people! I sincerely hope this all works out for you.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Sounds like it may be time to take a liitle road trip to Howe, Indiana. Stop by and pick me up on the way. I've got a nice new pair of boots I'd like to try out. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK ALL..THE MOMENT HAS ARRIVED!!!
i GOT A PACAGE FROM UPS TODAY YES 1 PACKAGE (when Tom said 3) IN IT WAS THE SURIUS RADIO 9without any book or info on set up or the activation card) a motorcross helmet and a 1/64 winners circle( pagage all bent to shit) pardon my french. Good thing I'm not a big Bobby Labonte fan. ;(
He was suppose to send back the 1/18th Davey allison b&w car i sent him, along with a Carl Edwards "scotts" car and a 1/24 Mustang GTR.
Looks to me like I was taken advantage of and I'm glad I have everything printed out to go to the authorities. I also sent and email to a very close friend of mine with a 'certain" motorcycle club, who will be making a few contacts in the Indiana chapter I'm sure!!!! And it took damn near 2 weeks after I sent his package just to get this stuff!!! no more Thomas!!! I am done dealing with you and you will get what you rightly deserve. I also gave my friend a list amount of what was sent to you,so if one of the guys contacts you bes have some "cash" at the ready!! Providing your not sitting in the crowbar hotel by then!!

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL "81"!!!!!!!!!!!

·
0 Posts
GreyWolf61 said:
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL "81"!!!!!!!!!!!
Umm . . . I don't think so. In your neck of the woods it may be different but here in Canada they are nothing more than a bunch of (edited, not diecast related).

Sorry to be off the the thread topic but this is serious stuff.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Point is Bikers, Like Soldiers watch out for each other. And I'd be careful what you write on public board, someone might not like what u say about them or a brother

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have just about had enough with Thomas and GofastRacing. Yeah he sent me an Ipod,thinking that would make everything ok, but it doesn't. NOT when he's trying to tell me 2 other boxes were lost by UPS and can't be found. And what good does a surius radio do me without all the hook ups and activation card? jeezzzz
If I wanted to spend money on that stuff I'd just have bought a new system myself,hell my old lady works at Walmart, I could get it at a discount. He was also to send back the 1/18th Davey Allison B&W car which I have yet to see. I would have been better off seeling all 3 of the #28's as a set.
Glad to see/hear there are some good dealers & traders on here tho. Again, anyone willing to sell/trade ect Mustangs or Thunderbolts 1/64 or 1/24th or Bikes please drop me a line.
Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
GreyWolf61 said:
Again, anyone willing to sell/trade ect Mustangs or Thunderbolts 1/64 or 1/24th or Bikes please drop me a line.
Thanks
Nick
I still have the 1/24 Maisto Thunderbolt I sent you the email about if you're interested. Otherwise it goes back onto the to be customized shelf.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yup still intrested bud, I only get paid once a month, but I can send ya a check if you don't mind waitting till the first to cash it,otherwise I'll send ya a MO on the first.
Thanks for keeping it in mind for me.
Nick

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
GreyWolf61 said:
yup still intrested bud, I only get paid once a month, but I can send ya a check if you don't mind waitting till the first to cash it,otherwise I'll send ya a MO on the first.
Thanks for keeping it in mind for me.
Nick
Whichever is easiest for you.
Glad I could help.
Rick

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
Wow Nick. I don't think I would have sent $2,500.00 (worth of stuff) to some body with 0 feedback here at HT, no matter how good they sound! Maybe if it was on e-bay I might because they are bound in a legal contract but not for a first time trade on a community bulletin board.

I hope everything gets straightened out.

On another subject, I am from Hastings, PA and my name is Nick. :drunk: That is some twilight zone stuff there. LOL

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I guess it was pretty stupid on my part, oh well. He'll get whats comming to him I'm sure.
Yeah thats pretty "Twilight Zone for sure, tho I'm orig from NYC. LOl

·
Registered
538 Posts
GreyWolf61 said:
I have just about had enough with Thomas and GofastRacing. Yeah he sent me an Ipod,thinking that would make everything ok, but it doesn't. NOT when he's trying to tell me 2 other boxes were lost by UPS and can't be found. And what good does a surius radio do me without all the hook ups and activation card? jeezzzz
If I wanted to spend money on that stuff I'd just have bought a new system myself,hell my old lady works at Walmart, I could get it at a discount. He was also to send back the 1/18th Davey Allison B&W car which I have yet to see. I would have been better off seeling all 3 of the #28's as a set.
Glad to see/hear there are some good dealers & traders on here tho. Again, anyone willing to sell/trade ect Mustangs or Thunderbolts 1/64 or 1/24th or Bikes please drop me a line.
Thanks
Nick
What kind of IPOD did he send?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts